Rumble on throttle response

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Rumble on throttle response

Post by DirkT »

This is a feature we got from Adam through our contact form:
I was wondering if the option to have the throttle inputs affect the steering rim motors in the GT3 V2 wheel was possible or in the works? I think it could work now with a ps/2 connection from the wheel to pedals but I prefer the higher resolution of direct USB connections for both the wheel and my clubsports. I like to have ABS set off and the wheel rim rumble to simulate motor vibrations from throttle inputs.
This is already on our TODO list and will be added to a future version. Thank you for the input.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Rumble on throttle response

Post by DirkT »

This has been added to the next release, no release date yet.

Cheeba

Post by Cheeba »

DirkT wrote:This has been added to the next release, no release date yet.
Excellent to hear as I would like this feature for the reasons mentioned by the OP.

This is a really nice program that has brought my PWTS screen to life after lying dormant for all these years :D . I am using this with an old fw (version 618 driver 116) by the way and it works just fine. My CSW arrived and without this program the display would not work...? boo Thomas should give you guys props! And shame on CODEMASTERS for not allowing the rev lights to work in F12012 BOOOO (can this be added?).

Sorry to take this thread OT but this program has me excited, where can I send a donation to the DEVS? :mrgreen:

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks for the kind words!

We would like to see some attention for Thomas as well. Unfortunately he seems to be very busy lately.

It's not possible for us to get revleds out the F1 games without Codemasters changing their game allowing us to.

Donations are very welcome to us and are easy and safe via Paypal. Visit our donation page: http://fanaleds.idrift.nl/donate.html

edit: Didn't you get 'strange' FFB while running firmware 681? From what we've heard the firmware didn't really work that well with a program such as Fanaleds.
Last edited by Bose321 on 15 Sep 2012, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Cheeba

Post by Cheeba »

The only "strange" FFB effect I get is that sometimes the brake pedal rumble effect will get stuck vibrating, and will not stop until the next "brake effect" is encountered. I simply mash on the brake pedal to make it stop (I assumed this was happening due to the unapproved fw being used?) I could turn the effect off all together and then I would not have any issues whatsoever with running it with 681.

Crossing my fingers I don't have any issues with fw 32 for the CSW. Hope Codemasters can update their "CODE" to output rev led display (they are the masters of code aren't they :roll: )

Looking forward to using Fanaleds and the rumble on throttle in Game Stock Car. I think the rev leds work with this title no?

Sorry did it again, took thread OT... thanks for the donation link, drinks on me tonight :lol:

Regards

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks for your kind donation! Let's hope we don't screw up the program in a drunk mood, haha.

Revleds are fully supporting with Game Stock Car.

Would you be interested in becoming a Fanaleds beta tester?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Cheeba

Post by Cheeba »

Sure, love to help out any way I can.