A "Hello", und three requests

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
Hyphon

A "Hello", und three requests

Post by Hyphon »

Hello everyone,

yeah I'm newb here. Great work on that software. Makes my SRW-S1 pretty useful with other games.
I donate you some bucks, if I get my money next week.

Soooo.... My three requests:

1. Some kind of an generic manual, with the generic setup process, aviable options with the diffrent wheels, building up a profile from the scratch.

2. Has anyone tried to setup Fanaleds with NASCAR 2013? Would be great if someone would do that or help me, so that I can buildup a profile for it.

3. Editor: Better feedback. My LED on my S1 are flashing for a short time, after that, I see no response on changing the values.

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: I don't use the Simraceway Client, maybe a issue with the generic driver from MS Update?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: A "Hello", und three requests

Post by Bose321 »

Hi,

1. Do you mean something like a tutorial video, or just text?
2. I am not aware of telemetry information from that game, so I don't think that would be possible
3. When are they shortly flashing?

Just to be clear, are you running Simraceway as game? That game currently blocked 3rd-party applications like Fanaleds.
Last edited by Bose321 on 10 Aug 2013, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Hyphon

Post by Hyphon »

1. I think text would be good. Maybe some kind of wiki. So other users can add new guides.

2. That's sad. But I will contact the developer. Maybe there is some SDK or telemetry interface.

3. If I start Fanaleds manually. But I read that other controller (like my XBox360 pad) will disturb the information stream to the wheel. But I was thinking about some kind of a GUI editor. So I can change behaviour of the LED's on my SRW-S1 for example. (Fuel low = Red lights flashing slowly) But as I wrote before, im new to Fanaleds and I think I have much to learn.

I don't have Simraceway installed.
But unfortunately Simraceway client is also so the newest driver for the SRW-S1. *facepalm*
The LED function isn't that problem in Simraceway, while I'm using the Simraceway wheel! ;)

There's a generic driver from Microsoft, but I think that the driver from MS is outdated and some kind of buggy...
Last edited by Hyphon on 10 Aug 2013, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

A wiki should actually be a great idea, but I'm not sure if it's easy to implement, and I honestly doubt others will input useful information. So for now I think we could just expand our readme.

The LEDs flashing at the start is part of the initiation of Fanaleds. It should not do anything after that, unless you play a game. We are planning to add more features to the LEDs of the SRW-S1 and the Logitech G27. Right now they're not on our highest priority because we are working hard on the release of a build with SLI-devices from Leo Bodnar. I hope you understand that.

I can't promise you anything, but I think expanding the features for the G27 and SRW-S1 should come high on our list when we're done with the new release. If you have any other suggestions I'd be pleased to hear them.

Hyphon

Post by Hyphon »

No big issue to me. It's awesome, that you (the developer), take the time to do this tool in your sparetime AND answer ASAP to feature requests/issues from the users.

The Leo Bodnar devices, are looking great. What's that exactly? "Do-it-yourself"-kits for racing wheels or some kind of add-ons for already existing wheels?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks. :)

They're able to deploy pretty much anywhere. I use them as standalone displays on my desk actually. I do plan to build them on my wheel though, or my future rig.

edit: When we're going to work on extra features for the SRW-S1 and G27, would you like to help us by then? I can't tell you when that will be, but we can always use some great suggestions.

You can also just post what kind of settings you had in mind and such.
Last edited by Bose321 on 11 Aug 2013, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Hyphon

Post by Hyphon »

I can make some kind of "fake" picture for an editor, but I don't think, that would be really good! ;)

What is really on my mind is a simple scripting box for the g27, srw1-s1
(if a state x has value y, than light led 012345, flash 012345 etc.)

On my SRW-S1:

Code: Select all

IF(FUEL<FUELLIMIT)[FLASH(0/2/4/10/12/14, 50)]
FLASH(LED to flash, time between led on or off)
/ as separator for the LED
, for separate variables

Code: Select all

IF(FUELMIX==LOW)[LIGHT(0/1/13/14)]
And something advanced for the wheels with digit displays, like the Fanatec GTR wheel or the Leo Bodnar devices.
(if state x has value y, than scroolwrite "Wheels lowprofile" "FUEL LOW" [If possible and needed])

A simple easy to learn scripting language or scripting editor with a GUI interface.

GUI (SRW1-S1):
  • Dropdown menu to select the value (fuel, fuelmix, rpm, gear) that is to check
    another one for the kind of test (equal, higher/lower as, equal or lower/higher as)
    Textfield to fill the desired triggervalue
    Animated schematics with numbered LEDs of the device I'm working at, so I can test my script when completed
    Dropdown for effect
    Radiobuttons for activating the affected LED
    Smalltextfield for additional values
    Loading and saving the scripts.
Something in this way...
Last edited by Hyphon on 24 Aug 2013, 04:30, edited 2 times in total.