Flash indicator for upshift or rev limit

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
GTFREAK

Flash indicator for upshift or rev limit

Post by GTFREAK »

First, let me say that this program is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for making this.

I would just like to be able to choose what the LED displays for upshift or rev limits.

For example, currently the upshift indicator is [ and ]. I would like to be able to change this to whatever I choose.

So let's say I want to be able to make the entire LED screen say 888 instead. Or perhaps it could say UP. :D

Do you think this could be possible to implement?
Last edited by GTFREAK on 17 Sep 2012, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Flash indicator for upshift or rev limit

Post by Bose321 »

This should be possible and sounds like a nice feature. Whether it's something for now I can't promise. I'll discuss this with Dirk and get back to you if we have a better answer.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

GTFREAK

Post by GTFREAK »

I was also thinking about something else along those lines.

Would it be possible to add a feature so that I can choose what blinks during low fuel scenarios?

At the moment there are three dots at the bottom that blink. How about the entire LED display blinking?

For example, let's say you have the LED display set to what gear you are in. In low fuel situations you could have the gear number blink along with the dots. Or if you have speed selected, you could have the speed number blink along with dots. Also, you could set the amount of times it blinks so it's not constant. Like an interval. Just a thought. The dots are rather difficult to see if you aren't looking for them.

Something along those lines would be awesome. It just means more customization for the end user.
Last edited by GTFREAK on 18 Sep 2012, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

I agree the fuel dots aren't the most visible of notifcations. Back when we started it was one of the few things that got lower priority, so we just thought: dots aren't used for anything else, let's use them for this. It's clear and working in all modes.

I like your ideas, and something of the sort will be incorporated into one of the future versions surely. But for now, we won't give it high priority. We have some special features waiting to be built and released. So maybe after that, when the big work has been done.

GTFREAK

Post by GTFREAK »

Sounds great!

If you guys need help with testing, I'm willing to help out in any way I can.

I have most games including rFactor, rFactor 2, Race07, GTR, GTR2, GTR Evo, Retro expansion, GT Power Pack, GTL, pCARS, and iRacing.

If you guys have all the help you need, then I I hope to see some really cool things in the near future.

Keep up the great work, guys!

asotelles

Post by asotelles »

GTFREAK wrote:
18 Sep 2012, 18:01
I was also thinking about something else along those lines.

Would it be possible to add a feature so that I can choose what blinks during low fuel scenarios?

At the moment there are three dots at the bottom that blink. How about the entire LED display blinking?

For example, let's say you have the LED display set to what gear you are in. In low fuel situations you could have the gear number blink along with the dots. Or if you have speed selected, you could have the speed number blink along with dots. Also, you could set the amount of times it blinks so it's not constant. Like an interval. Just a thought. The dots are rather difficult to see if you aren't looking for them.

Something along those lines would be awesome. It just means more customization for the end user.
this was implemetated?? the three litle dots are to hide for me.. I need yellow leds blinking..
also, on the setings of the initial windows of fanaleds, I cant set the fuel warning on 1,5% with the keybord, just can use the arrows. Can I change that by changing the xml save file?

thx, Aecio Telles