Enable scrolling banner on LED screen?

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
Cheeba

Enable scrolling banner on LED screen?

Post by Cheeba »

This may seem silly, but I actually look forward to seeing the "F-A-N-A-L-E-D-S" scroll across my wheel display upon startup. Unfortunatly that is the only time it happens. There are many times when I'm idle in the pits and would enjoy seeing the scrolling banner.

Would it be possible to impliment the scrolling banner feature on the wheel display maybe if a pre-determined "no input" time has passed. Better yet, maybe allow custom messages to be displayed in banner style across the display? Imagine dozens of Fanatec wheels at trade shows with idle wheels setting there and all the displays proudly scrolling F-A-N-A-L-E-D-S !! :D.

Regards

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Enable scrolling banner on LED screen?

Post by DirkT »

You are always on the same page with us! We thought about adding this in the first place but left it out because I think not all users would want to see the text all the time. However, since 1.2f we have a proper menu layout so it's easy to create a toggle to allow users to disable this. So we are going ahead and add this in a next version.

Thanks for the input.

KaptajnKjuk

Post by KaptajnKjuk »

You could do something else though, use the scrolling letters to let people identify which "car" settings of revlights they are using.

This could be usefull if for example you're running an endurance race and you have a set of revlights which gives you the enginelife you need, and a set of lights for more speed. Call one normal and the other agressive and a name (maybe just 3 characters) would display shortly when using the hotkey for car, so you know which mode you're in. You would have a problem with displaying some letters though.

I also like the scrolling letters! :P

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Yes, these changes are coming, but as you said yourself not all leters can be output on the display, so we have to get creative. This will be added in the future I am sure.