Different LED light.

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
Rocky61

Different LED light.

Post by Rocky61 »

First of all, congratulations for this wonderful app.

I saw that in different games, when active aid, Traction Control, ABS, each pulse (a button or function key) increases the desired effect. This increase changes the brightness of the LED assigned to this function.
Instead of changing the brightness of an LED, it is possible to light an additional LED for each pulse?
The goal is to make coaching Gentlemen Drivers. The change in light intensity is not sufficiently perceptible.

Again thank you for all your efforts.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Different LED light.

Post by DirkT »

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly, your stating Fanaleds let LEDs light up in increased brightness?

First of all, which hardware are we talking about?

Second, what do you mean by pulse.

Maybe you know any video that might explain the effect you want from existing car displays?

We're always happy to hear about cool feature requests, but I'm just not sure what to make of this one. Sorry for that.

Rocky61

Post by Rocky61 »

Yes, you're absolutely right. Please I ask you to excuse me, I mixed my observations.
I am equipped with the "LEO" SLI-Pro, and now I'm testing different Softs, yours is the one I prefer (by far).

To try to explain, for example, with rFactor1 to start the Traction Control is pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. Each pulse on the F8 key changes the value of Traction Control.
With competing software (SLIMa. ..) when this function Traction Control is switched on, LED lights (configurable option). Its light intensity varies depending on the percentage of activated Traction Control.

Can you get it in your FANALED app, similar function, but instead of changing the light intensity, which is hardly noticeable, it is possible to light several LEDs.

For example, for a function with four different values (25% -50% -75% -100%)
In this example 4 LED will be set: LED1 - LED2 - LED3 - LED4
25% of the function LED1 light
50% of the function LED1 + LED2 lights
75% of the function LED1 + LED2 + LED3 lights
100% of the function LED1 + LED2 + LED3 + LED4 lights

Best regards

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Now I understand :)

I kinda like the idea, though it would take some time to get right. It would also allow things like brakebias to be visible while changing, which would be nice.

So to keep it short, it'll probably be created, but not sometime soon I'm afraid.

Rocky61

Post by Rocky61 »

:) This is great news, thank you for all your work and efforts.
In the meantime enjoy a peaceful Christmas and New Year. :P