Would you consider supporting Ivibe TFS

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
elbo

Would you consider supporting Ivibe TFS

Post by elbo »

Hi,
I found your website looking for a solution to the rpm lights on the SRW-S1 wheel that I adapted to my G27.
Thanks for implementing the rev lights in RF2.
I was wondering if you would ever consider supporting the force feedback to the ivibe seat. It is a great piece of hardware but unfortunately the maker seems to have stopped all support for it, meaning that it doesn't work with new titles. I'm guessing that if RF2 eventually goes the 64bit route it will stop working for that as well.

I have no idea how many units were sold and if it would be worth your while to support it but I for one would be willing to pay for the software support.

Thanks again for what you are doing.
-elbo
Last edited by elbo on 08 Mar 2014, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Would you consider supporting Ivibe TFS

Post by Bose321 »

Hi,

This would only be considered if we were able to get one donated by the developer since we cannot afford something like this. Are they still for sale?

I'm not sure how much this can do, but we only support a few basic forms of rumble, and I'm not sure if that's any useful.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

SwiftyOne
Beta tester

Post by SwiftyOne »

@ elbo, :? What has made you think that support has stopped? I was considering buying this, you have some inside knowledge on this? It says on the site supports Assetto Corsa, and pCARS these games are so new, there not even released yet ;) Sorry for off topic (not being FanaLEDS)
Project CARS...The Worlds Most Beautiful Racing Simulation..For PC, XBone, PS4, and Wii U...Release November 2014
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

elbo

Post by elbo »

Well the last post in the ivibe forum from the maker is from October of last year, and it was just another in a series of posts dating back more than a year outlining that updates and shipments were coming. They never do of course. The forum is also littered with people complaining of unfilled orders (I don't think they were charged, their orders were simply never filled). I think someone in the forum mentions that the latest AC build is not supported, which is what I'm afraid will happen with a future build of rf2.

From all this I gathered that the company has more or less stopped all development so I don't think you could ever get your hands on one.
I bought mine some 5 or 6 years ago and it is truly a wonderful device that I would recommend without hesitation. Its a great build and a wonderful implementation of tactile feedback for racing.

One of the 6 motors in mine has failed but despite this it is still quite good.

I checked eBay on the off chance that I could find one but a Search for TFS turns up nothing and a search for ivibe only comes up with force feedback devices for the ladies, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.
elbo
Last edited by elbo on 09 Mar 2014, 01:50, edited 3 times in total.

SwiftyOne
Beta tester

Post by SwiftyOne »

That kinda does it for me then :cry: ..But thank you for the info, hope you can get it working again, sounds good ;)
Project CARS...The Worlds Most Beautiful Racing Simulation..For PC, XBone, PS4, and Wii U...Release November 2014
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/