Logitech Arx Control Support

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
Racer X

Logitech Arx Control Support

Post by Racer X »

Hello there! First of all I wanted to thank you guys for creating the software in the first place, I absolutely adore what I've seen here. Makes me want to upgrade my G25. :P However, I do have a support idea that could potentially prove fruitful.

Logitech recently released something called Arx Control. The concept is essentially the same as their G-series peripherals with built-in screens, however instead of needing one of those expensive peripherals all you need is the Logitech software and an iOS or Android device.

Here's the software page for more information, and a link to the SDK. GamePanel was brought up before, and it sounded cool but was best described as unnecessary because it was a niche product. However, with the widespread use of smartphones out there, this could very well open up new possibilities for telemetry displays and other information for people that otherwise couldn't afford a Leo Bodnar dash or high-end steering wheel. This would also add support for several racing games to Arx Control via a single app, eliminating the need for several, possibly even the built-in Assetto Corsa ones.

I'm genuinely curious to think what others think of this idea. Do you think it's worthwhile to implement?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Logitech Arx Control Support

Post by Bose321 »

Sounds interesting, but I would much rather have a fanaleds app than this. I think it would be easier for end-users instead of downloading some Logitech app. Also, Windows (Phone) users are left in the cold with this solution.

What I want to accomplish is a website or native app that runs on every screen, and isn't depending on a third party software.

I don't want to throw this idea away directly ofcourse, but that's how I see it. If we get a lot of request for this it would be a nice feature to add, for sure.
Last edited by Bose321 on 29 Nov 2014, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Racer X

Post by Racer X »

Bose321 wrote:Sounds interesting, but I would much rather have a fanaleds app than this. I think it would be easier for end-users instead of downloading some Logitech app. Also, Windows (Phone) users are left in the cold with this solution.

What I want to accomplish is a website or native app that runs on every screen, and isn't depending on a third party software.
Honestly I really like the sound of a standalone app as well. This just seemed like a relatively simple addition, at least following the app's rule of sending information to output displays and the preexisting SDK. Actually, if you do decide on a standalone version then the Logitech method could actually be an interim solution while it's made, after all a native app would need to go through Apple or Microsoft for store approval and all of that, and a website probably wouldn't offer smooth performance. I'm sure users like myself would appreciate either, can't wait to see what others think.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

This solution would be alot easier indeed, that's what makes it more interesting for a temporarily solution.

A standalone solution is still something I hope to finish some time. The biggest problem would be to release it for iOS though. The costs for having an account on the app store are quite steep. I already have an account for Windows (Phone) and Android, so that wouldn't be a problem. It would be great if there are some people with some knowledge that could assist me in this.

I've already built a prototype of a web-version of a dashboard, but like you said, the performance on that is rubbish still on mobile devices. Using the latest and most light technologies still don't yield plenty of FPS to make it fluid. On a PC it should be fine, but I want to have a solution for all platforms.

But yeah, we're still not 100% sure about how we want to tackle this idea... So if anyone knows someone that would be able to help us with app-building, that would be great. Other ideas and suggestions are always welcome ofcourse.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Asimov

Post by Asimov »

Racer X wrote: Logitech recently released something called Arx Control. The concept is essentially the same as their G-series peripherals with built-in screens, however instead of needing one of those expensive peripherals all you need is the Logitech software and an iOS or Android device.
Hi, don't want to be OT, but I'm having difficulties to find information about arx applets: as we can see from the link you porovided, logitech promotes arx control with a very nice image where we can see Assetto Corsa applet running on a tablet screen. I can't find how to enable those applet, and I can't find any specific information about that. I found many people asking on the net but no answer, and this sounds strange. I also found a youtube video from a user showing the applet running, but he's not responding to people's questions. Do you know something more about that?