CSE Elite + CSPV2 Pedals = No brake rumble [solved]

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
delahmed

CSE Elite + CSPV2 Pedals = No brake rumble [solved]

Post by delahmed »

first post. hi all.

I have a CSR Elite with latest fw (757) and latest windows 7 64 bit drivers (152 Beta) and a CSP V2. Also latest Fanleds 1.5e i think which came out yesterday or day before.

I have always had my CSP V2 plugged into my PC using direct USB connection and in the Fanaleds Control Panel (CP) i can vibrate the brake rumble by clicking the test vibration button but when i am in game in no matter what game (PCars, AC 0.99 TP, RBR, LFS) i cant get the rumble to work even though on the Fanaleds CP, i have brake pedal rumbling enabled.

I have tried turning ABS off on the CSR Elite and at various settings, 50, 65,75, etc... no joy.

Only way to get it working is to plug the CSP V2 directly to the CSR Elite via PS2 connection. Then it works fine if i set the ABS to 65 or whatever number.

However i hear i get less resolution? 1024 with USB vs 256 with PS2. Would be happy to hear the experts tell me if there is really any difference between the 2 connection types. I cant tell the difference between either.

I thought the point of Fanaleds was to enable brake rumble (if enabled in the game profile on the Fanaleds CP) whilst CSP V2 was connected directly to PC via USB?

I cant get it to work with USB connection and would like to know if i am the only one or if everyone has this issue?
Last edited by Bose321 on 28 Mar 2013, 09:35, edited 2 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSE Elite + CSPV2 Pedals + FanaLEDS 1.5e = No brake rumb

Post by Bose321 »

That's interesting. It's actually the exact opposite for the CSW wheel (due to a flaw in the Fanatec firmware). We don't have a CSP V2 set laying around here, so it's a little difficult for us to test. I believe I had a few comments from people that said it works perfectly, so I have to gather some people to test it.

Sorry I can't help you any further right now with more conclusive answers.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

delahmed

Post by delahmed »

thanks for the quick response Bose321.

I also noticed now that I have connected via PS2, that even on windows desktop, I can press the break and at 65% the brake rumbles... that did not happen when connected via USB directly. Even if i am in game or in windows desktop (wth FanaLEDS 1.5e tunred on or off) it works as expected.

Let me know if you would like me to make a video or can help with any beta testing.... happy to help.

Great software by the way.

For now i will keep CSP V2 connected via PS2, i dont have any other wheels or pedals to test but would interested if any other users have a similar setup and notice the same things.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

The pedals 'listen' to the wheel when it's connected via PS/2 I believe. So if you set it to rumble on 65%, it will start to rumble when you depress your brake pedal 65%, ignoring other settings. The resolution is indeed supposed to be higher via USB, but honestly I never noticed a difference at all.

What might be worth testing is some other (non-beta) software (drivers or firmware). I haven't got lucky finding other people yet to help me test this problem.

delahmed

Post by delahmed »

I don't mind downgrading my Fanatec drivers and testing both 32 and 64 bit versions for win 7 64 bit with FanaLEDS 1.5e.

I assume the CSR Elite FW (latest is 757) does not need downgrading, just the win 7 drivers?

Just to summarize, I have Win 7 64 driver version 152 and CSR Elite 757.

I will start by uninstalling 152 64 bit and installing 152 32 bit.

If that fails, i will try both 32 and 64 bit versions of the official 144 drivers.

Will report my findings later on tonight.

Del

delahmed

Post by delahmed »

OK its working as expected now.

So first things i did was switch the CSP V2 from PS2 to USB connection. I also took out the USB connection from the back of the PC and put the USB in the front of the PC (been meaning to do that so i can move the wheel further away from the TV).

I then check FanaLEDS for both AC TP and PCars and made sure brake rumble was enabled and then tested the rumble brake test from within the Fanatec Pedal Control Panel, rumbled so im happy its working on the new USB port in the front of the PC>

Loaded up AC TP and instead of sitting at the wheel and using my feet to press the brake, i used my hands to speed up and then press the brake hard with the other hand and looked underneath and the brake pedal to see that the motor is indeed rumbling.

I then did the same for PCars and it worked fine.

So I'm not sure if it always worked and i just didn't notice (due to the wheel vibrating so much) or if by moving the USB connection for the CSP v2 from the back of the PC (where it has been since day 1) to the front USB port made a difference.

Either way now everything is perfect.

Thanks for the responses though Bose321, looks like CSP V2 using FanaLEDS 1.5e on a Win7 64 bit PC is working as expected. Im now going to drive and see if I can feel it using my feet now that ABS 65 is disabled. Hopefully i can.

Del

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Great to see you got it working. It's still a really odd problem from the way I see it. So, the drivers did not help anything, it was just the switch of an USB port?

delahmed

Post by delahmed »

Bose321 wrote:Great to see you got it working. It's still a really odd problem from the way I see it. So, the drivers did not help anything, it was just the switch of an USB port?
Yes just a switch of USB port or the fact that the wheel rumbled so much during braking, i could not feel the braking rumble with my feet. Im pretty certain it did not work before when connected to the back port because when i changed to PS2 connection, i could feel the rumble in game, so i cant have missed that.....

I just updated to fanaLEDS 1.5f so ill try that now.

p.s. when i changed to front USB, windows automatically installed the drivers. Maybe auto detection and install of CSP V2 AFTER installation of FanaLEDS made a difference? When i originally plugged the pedals into the back on day 1, i didnt even know about FanaLEDS.

p.p.s I didnt uninstall or install any other drivers such as 152 32 bit or 144 32/64 bit versions...
Last edited by delahmed on 29 Mar 2013, 03:52, edited 2 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSE Elite + CSPV2 Pedals = No brake rumble [solved]

Post by Bose321 »

Shouldn't matter in which order you install/use Fanaleds.

Oh well, it will remain some sort of mystery for ever then... *CSI music* 8-)