Fanaleds not working w/ F1 2012

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
dartrout57

Fanaleds not working w/ F1 2012

Post by dartrout57 »

I have been trying to get Fanaleds to work now for several days now, and I don't really understand what is going wrong... I will try to explain, I am playing F1 2012 PC version this was purchased from gamestop and steam. The hardware setup is Fanatec Clubsport base and F1 Rim and Fanatec Clubsport Pedals version 1. Now I can see that Fanaleds in the taskbar so it is running, I can open it and load a profile for F1 2012, however after I start the game nothing works, I don't have any LED Rev lights, no speed output, no gear shift indicator, nothing to show that Fanaleds is working except it is still in the task bar. I suspect the problem might be the update patches from Codemasters and can't see which patches have been installed .... I know as of today there are six patches for the PC but which ones are installed, I have no idea. If anyone can tell me what may be going on, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Fanaleds not working w/ F1 2012

Post by Bose321 »

Hi,

I think you will find all the information you need here: http://fanaleds.idrift.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36

edit: You're saying you don't see anything at all? The game has native support since the first patch, so if it's not showing anything something might be wrong or it's not updated.

In case it's not updated it should work with Fanaleds. Did you check our readme? http://fanaleds.idrift.nl/readme.html
Last edited by Bose321 on 10 Oct 2012, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

dartrout57

Post by dartrout57 »

Hi Bose321, thanks for responding... That's correct I don't see anything on the f1 rim, no led rev meter lights no gear indicator on the LED screen, no speed read out. I know that I read somewhere in some forum ... I think it was the forum on Thomas's blog at 911wheel that Fanaleds needs to have the first 3 or 4 patches from codemaster or Fanaleds won't work, and I do suspect that might be what is going on. Steam has only downloaded one patch and I believe the patch was approximately 780 or 800 KB, I don't think that would be all of the patches 1 - 6 combined. I believe it was only the first patch. Could that be why nothing is working w/ Fanaleds?

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Well no, FanaLEDs doesn't work out of the box for F1 2012 (or any other codemasters title). They have built in native support through their patches but that has got nothing to do with our plugin.

If you want to use our plugin and not the native codemaster version, you shouldn't update. But then you'd have to enable telemetry output. How to do that Gerben pointed out in our readme.

Good luck.

dartrout57

Post by dartrout57 »

OK I got FanaLEDs working ... however, I think there might be a problem. I am using the Fanatec Clubsport Base & formula one rim. when using FanaLEDs the wheel will not calibrate to center, but if I close FanaLEDs and then run the driver software, the wheel will calibrate to center. It looks like to me the FanaLEDs software is interrupting the calibration process before it gets finished because the wheel moves to the right then as it moves to the left the driver and firmware versions display on the led screen and then before moving to center FANALEDS show up on the led screen and that is when the wheel stops at about a 45 degree angle to center. Also FanaLEDs is not saving the profile for F1 2012, because I do have to go into the FanaLEDs software every time and set the choices like I want it then I have to save the profile again. But once FanaLEDs is closed those choices are not saved. Still very remarkable software, I commend you on your great work!

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I doubt the calibration issue is due to Fanaleds. My CSW always stops 45 degrees or so from the center. Fanaleds shouldn't be able to do this because Fanaleds can't do anything until the wheel is done with calibrating (you hear a Windows sound that a device is connected).

I'm not sure what you mean about the driver software?

dartrout57

Post by dartrout57 »

What do you not understand like i stated when FanaLEDs is running the wheel will not calibrate to center, it stops at a 45 degree angle from center, if FanaLEDs is not running the wheel calibrates to center. In my professional life I was a computer analyst, I am retired now because of physical disability , so I do understand a little bit about processes and when they are disrupting other processes or hardware, if it is not FanaLEDs please tell me why the wheel will calibrate to center with FanaLEDs not running... the only thing that is changing it the equation is FanaLEDs. Same computer, same hardware, same programs running in the background. Why is it that the wheel stops at exactly the moment that the FANALEDS scroll goes across the LED screen. Common sense would lead you to come to a reasonable conclusion that if the wheel stops the calibration when FanaLEDs accesses the wheel then FanaLEDs most likely is the problem.
You know, this is why I don't like to post comments in any forums, you guy state you want help in reporting bugs, but then you want to act like the poster are so stupid and dumb they can't understand what a developer is doing, so fine, if you don't want criticism, you don't want your product to get better, fine, find the bugs yourself, before you release them. Some times people want to put others down so they feel better! I won't be sharing any other bugs with you.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Are you expecting a serious answer from us with that tone?

This bug was new to us, and we can't seem to reproduce it. Like I said, Fanaleds doesn't do anything until the wheel is done with calibrating. After the wheel is done calibrating and windows recognizes the device Fanaleds does its thing. We can't do anything before that.

I'm not saying it's not true, but we have not been able to reproduce and thus find out what's the problem. With your rant towards us, remember we're doing this in our own time, you're not helping anyone. I doubt your job as analyst was successful with such a hostile tone towards developers.

I did not think or say you are stupid in any of my posts towards you so I'm wondering where you got that from. We are always looking for ways to improve our software, including bug reports obviously.

If you can cool down and get yourself together I'm happy to help you out and find this problem together, but not like this.

SimRacer92

Post by SimRacer92 »

dartrout57 wrote:What do you not understand like i stated when FanaLEDs is running the wheel will not calibrate to center, it stops at a 45 degree angle from center, if FanaLEDs is not running the wheel calibrates to center. In my professional life I was a computer analyst, I am retired now because of physical disability , so I do understand a little bit about processes and when they are disrupting other processes or hardware, if it is not FanaLEDs please tell me why the wheel will calibrate to center with FanaLEDs not running... the only thing that is changing it the equation is FanaLEDs. Same computer, same hardware, same programs running in the background. Why is it that the wheel stops at exactly the moment that the FANALEDS scroll goes across the LED screen. Common sense would lead you to come to a reasonable conclusion that if the wheel stops the calibration when FanaLEDs accesses the wheel then FanaLEDs most likely is the problem.
You know, this is why I don't like to post comments in any forums, you guy state you want help in reporting bugs, but then you want to act like the poster are so stupid and dumb they can't understand what a developer is doing, so fine, if you don't want criticism, you don't want your product to get better, fine, find the bugs yourself, before you release them. Some times people want to put others down so they feel better! I won't be sharing any other bugs with you.
ohm, you know you are writing to software developers here with a harsh tone?... Cool down mate.. It must be an issue with your settings, I also can NOT reproduce your issue with my CSW. It does not matter for me if FanaLEDs is running or not in the boot programme of the CSW. The CSW display shows the firmwares 032/16 and only after this it shows FANALEDS so FanaLEDs is starting just after the calibration process.
So, nobody can reproduce your issue so it would helpful to post your settings of the wheel and driver here, also which fw versions and which driver versions you are using.

ah and btw, FanaLEDs is not running with an updated version of F1 2012 atm because Codemasters developed native support for the CSW features and FanaLEDs can not override that native settings so speed and rev leds are coming directly via native support.. Unfortunately it is not possible to get rumble features of CSP or the SpeedGear feature of FanaLEDs.. :(
Last edited by SimRacer92 on 18 Oct 2012, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Thanks for you input SimRacer. This issue has evolved now, seperate thread is available:
http://fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47