CSW not centering on startup with Fanaleds activated

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
robrace

CSW not centering on startup with Fanaleds activated

Post by robrace »

Hi
I have just aquired my Fanatec Clubsport base with BMW GT2 wheel and Clubsport V2 pedals which is a achievement to say the least. As I live in Cape Town, South Africa with no Fanatec online store available for this region, I had to import it from North America using a local online store which imports literally anything from there.
With the various plugins, your Fanaleds software is excellent and works well :D but with one drawback in that it seems to interfer with the centering of the wheel on startup. :( Should you disable it before switching on the power and pressing the 'start' button, it center's correctly. ( This bug has been mentioned in the 'F2012' thread.)

Could it be investigated as to see what could be the probable cause.

Many Thanks.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSW not centering on startup with Fanaleds activated

Post by DirkT »

That's a lot of work to get the wheel, but I bet it is well worth it :)

The centering issue is down to the SDK(and/or Driver) software provided by Fanatec we use in our plugin. Apparently they changed something in there that disables the wheel from stopping in center. However, the fact that it doesn't stop in the center doesn't mean it isn't working properly. It is calibrated just fine, but it just doesn't stop it once it reaches te center. The center value for your wheel is properly stored and you can start any game you like. It won't be affected.

We do have a workaround in the next release for this, but that'll only work of you have the wheel's "SEN" property set to off. The new release provides a new feature to set a wheel angle for every single car you drive. The wheel angle is the same value as the "SEN" you would set on the wheel, only now the value will be autoloaded once you start a game or change cars.

This new release is just around the corner, so keep your eyes open!

PS, when running without Fanaleds it also doesn't center correctly (in mine and Gerben's CSW)
Last edited by DirkT on 19 Oct 2012, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

In rF2 the wheel now violently swings left to the endstop and stays there until you enter the settings menu...Also the speed readout flickers when you change gear with the speed only readout, not a big deal but someone on the rF forum mentioned it and I said I'd pass it on.

I also seem to have some issues with race 07 where the readout goes blank for a while. Only a second or two then it returns.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I just tried this myself but couldn't find a single problem...

Could you tell me more about the hardware (wheel and PC) of this guy and also the firmware his wheel is running?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

Funny thing is when I first tried it I got the flicker, today no flicker, in the meantime I did a reinstall of rF2 (update did not go well) All flicker gone on the full install. So nothing I think to do with FanLed...though rF2 now uses the LED to display rF2 on start up and show gears...

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

So you're saying rF2 has native support, or did I misunderstood you?

robrace

Post by robrace »

Bose321 wrote:I just tried this myself but couldn't find a single problem...

Could you tell me more about the hardware (wheel and PC) of this guy and also the firmware his wheel is running?
I am running a CSW with BMW rim on Win7 64bit Home Premium operating system with v032 firmware and v142 64 bit driver.
It is not centred on 'startup' but ingame for e.g. rFactor or GTR2 the 'virtual' wheel is shown correctly,i.e. centred.

I trust this info will help.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

The CSW not centering is not our problem but Fanatec's.

We removed our centering workaround because people complained about it... Your wheel might not look like it's centered, but it is, so there's no problem from how I see it.

We hope Fanatec will address this soon.