Fanaleds 2.2e [fixed in 2.2f]

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
wowsers

Re: Fanaleds 2.2e [fixed in 2.2f]

Post by wowsers »

Hi everyone. I'm new here and downloaded this wonderful Fanaleds to make it work with Asseto but it fails to work. When I first installed Fanaleds and started Asseto, the leds didn't work so I restarted my computer and the game again and WOW...it was working just perfect. So I thought o.k., this is fun but...

I then closed the game and always having Fanaleds running, I restarted the game but since then nothing is working. I really only saw the leds work on my G27 for one race and that was it. What could it be? I restarted my computer again but it still don't work. Help me. :(

wowsers

Post by wowsers »

I have since been able to make it work. Twice! Why is it so random? It detect the game, the car but it refuse to work. I'm out of solutions. I can have 3 race in a row where the led's won't work then start another race and BAM...everything is fine. What could it be? :oops:

wowsers

Post by wowsers »

I just deleted the program :shock: All the led's would start blinking and I could not make them stop blinking and then, AC crashed for the first time ever. So instead of scratching my head as to why this program act so randomly, I decided to flush it. Not what I wanted but for me it doesn't bring any more joy to this game. Maybe later but for now, i'll pass. Also there doesn't seem to be any Dev support in here since my first post was from 3 days ago I think and I never received an answer from anyone. Hope it gets fixed so it deliver what it was promised.
Last edited by wowsers on 20 Sep 2014, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Weird to hear that Fanaleds would cause AC to crash. Since we only 'listen' to the output of the game, there should be no reason for it to do so. This is a very random problem as it seems, and we can have a look at it soon, but it just might as well be the game.

Sorry to hear you've removed Fanaleds just because one game is acting up.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

wowsers

Post by wowsers »

Bose321 wrote:Weird to hear that Fanaleds would cause AC to crash. Since we only 'listen' to the output of the game, there should be no reason for it to do so. This is a very random problem as it seems, and we can have a look at it soon, but it just might as well be the game.

Sorry to hear you've removed Fanaleds just because one game is acting up.
Well, to be honest, if you read my previous post, the program never really did work well. The led's only worked a few times (never knew why they worked) and most of the time they didn't work(never knew why either) Just random stuff. Deleted Fanaled, reinstall, it worked right off, then I switch car, it stop working and then the game crashed...something it had never done before so I decided that it was not worth it because the led's would not work 95% of the time and I d/l that program just for that.

If Fanaled become more stable and Asseto doesn't include Led rev lights in a future update I might try it again though. I will wait for another update from you guys.
Last edited by wowsers on 21 Sep 2014, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Like I said, there's a big chance it's the game itself. All other games work great. AC also used to work great before they overhauled their whole telemetry system.

Fanaleds itself is very stable and there's nothing wrong with it in that regard. If the game crashes because some program is listening at its telemetry information there's obviously something wrong in that area. Just because the one game you use Fanaleds for doesn't work well, doesn't mean our program is unstable and bad. Anyway, have fun playing.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

I've had a look round to see if this can in any way be related to the changes I needed to make for AC. I've modified some of the code very slightly, but I doubt it'll make any difference.

See next release if it helps, probably this week.