Fuel gauge incorrect

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
KaptajnKjuk

Fuel gauge incorrect

Post by KaptajnKjuk »

Hey guys

First of all, thanks for a very nice tool. It makes a dearly expensive wheel SO much more usefull! :)

I have problem with the amount of fuel displayed when using GTR2. It's seems the tool is not getting the correct value, or at least interpreting them incorrectly. Example:

I am sitting i a Lister Storm, tank filled up to 100L, the wheel displays 95. If I go down to 95 the wheel says 94 and continues to do so pretty much trough rest of the fuel tank. (perhaps 50 gives 49 and 12 gives 11, but it fits more or less)

Now if i drive a car, that cannot take 100 liters the fun begins.. If I fill up a TS030 to the max of 73 liters, the wheel displays 53, 50 liters gives 36, 30 liters 21 and 10 gives 7.

A quick calculation tells me that the display on the wheel is off by a factor of around 0,72 in this case, which coincidently is also very close to the max fuel capaticy of the car. Coincidently?

What might be causing this guys?

Regards
Last edited by KaptajnKjuk on 30 Oct 2012, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Fuel gauge incorrect

Post by DirkT »

What this might be causing is pretty simple, the fuel support in it's current form is far from ideal. There's also a topic about it in the Feature Requests subforum.

You'll see lot of changes to the Fuel in future versions, and we will fix all the incorrect values for (hopefully) all games.