DSD button box "bug" with button presses

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
luizsilveira

DSD button box "bug" with button presses

Post by luizsilveira »

Hi there,

First of all thank you so much! I've been using Fanaleds for a while with my GT3 rs v2 and love it to bits.

My problem is: I got a DSS button box (the P1) for Christmas and I've having troubles configuring it with Fanaleds.

The button box works absolutely fine with iRacing, no problems there. Then I have a few profiles for my "hardware", just basically "oil temp", "water temp", "gear", that sort of thing. Well, I always had the "/" key to cycle them with the SHIFT modifier so in effect I hit SHIFT-/ to cycle and it worked.

However, when I go into "hardware" options in Fanaleds and click the ">" to register a button with the button box for "cycle forward", Fanaleds will only register one press every 10 actual button presses or so. I first thought it wasn't working at all but in fact if I keep pressing the button repeatedly at some point it registers. I've repeated this many times and the behaviour is always the same. First press nothing, a few repeated presses and eventually it registers.

I thought it was enough so I went in game but this behaviour is repeated in game. It takes me several presses of the button for Fanaleds to register one press and cycle the display once.

I've tried using different buttons from the button box and they all do the same. I've tried the same buttons with the iRacing software and they work flawlessly. I've also tried using my wheel buttons with Fanaleds and they work flawlessly to "cycle forward". It's clearly something between the button box as a whole and Fanaleds only.

I also had a gamepad plugged into the computer but unplugging that made no difference. I left only: Wheel, Pedals, Shifter, Button box, mouse and keyboard plugged in. No difference.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

Edit again for further details/troubleshooting: 1) If I press and hold the button, nothing happens. I have to press repeatedly for it to register; 2) If I press slowly/with larger intervals it never registers. Fanaleds only recognizes the button press if I press repeatedly in quick succession; 3) The same applies to "learn buttons" for peeking into the profiles; 4) The button box is recognized correctly when eventually it does register the button press (it shows the correct device name).
Last edited by luizsilveira on 07 Jan 2015, 23:02, edited 2 times in total.