Problem with FW 037 / Driver 144 [Solved]

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
SPeedY

Problem with FW 037 / Driver 144 [Solved]

Post by SPeedY »

After the firmware / driver update the wheel angle in the driver properties seems to be always resetted to the default ( 900° degrees ) when closing rFactor1 or rFactor2.
Without using Fanaleds ( latest 1.3b ) that does not happen.

That is annoying if someone closes a game and starts it again.

In the on-wheel-setup it remembers the sensivity ( SEn ) if turning off and on the wheel.

See the discussion in Thomas blog:
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/9303#comment-26092
Last edited by DirkT on 13 Mar 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Problem with FW 037 / Driver 144

Post by DirkT »

This has nothing to do with the driver or firmware upgrade. If it's the case now, it should be the case in earlier versions.

Fanaleds gives you the oppertunity to set a wheelangle per car/per game. Fanatec only gives you only one driver setting.

I get what you're trying to accomplish here but there is a little lacking feature for us to be able to restore the SEN value to the one you set in the driver page. Because we can't look it up in the hardware. We tried to make it nice for everyone, but weren't aware that the driver page overrides the SEN feature.

For now I'll go ahead and disable all "default restoring to 900" features from our plugin, though I'd really would prefer Fanatec to give us the oppertunity to read the SEN value somewhere, so even IF we override it, we can restore it on idle or exit.

Can't promise a quick release however, because we're busy with some major features, and this can be worked around quiet easily by just using the Tuning menu/Tuning profile.
Last edited by DirkT on 05 Dec 2012, 19:15, edited 2 times in total.

SPeedY

Post by SPeedY »

I have started Fanaleds 1.3b with admin rights and modified the default/per car settings as mentioned. But it does not store the settings in fanaleds.xml or elsewhere if I press save.

With earlier fw/driver versions the reset after closing the game or fanaleds in the driver properties does not happen.
So something must be incompatible/changed now. Just try it out with the newest fw/driver from fanatec.
DirkT wrote:This has nothing to do with the driver or firmware upgrade. If it's the case now, it should be the case in earlier versions.

Fanaleds gives you the oppertunity to set a wheelangle per car/per game. Fanatec only gives you only one driver setting.

I get what you're trying to accomplish here but there is a little lacking feature for us to be able to restore the SEN value to the one you set in the driver page. Because we can't look it up in the hardware. We tried to make it nice for everyone, but weren't aware that the driver page overrides the SEN feature.

For now I'll go ahead and disable all "default restoring to 900" features from our plugin, though I'd really would prefer Fanatec to give us the oppertunity to read the SEN value somewhere, so even IF we override it, we can restore it on idle or exit.

Can't promise a quick release however, because we're busy with some major features, and this can be worked around quiet easily by just using the Tuning menu/Tuning profile.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Settings are stored under c:\users\(yourname)\appdata\roaming\fanaleds\(game).xml

Running as admin is no longer required, you can just run it as a normal application.

I guess they did change a bit to the driver, never used the driver page SEN setting myself.

SPeedY

Post by SPeedY »

No matter where the settings are stored, it always resets the wheel angle / SEn when I save and restart fanaleds.

Not all games support to modify the wheel angle / SEn. I am using the formula rim to drive formula cars, that have all an limited angle. So I prefer to apply a default of 270°.

You are right, they might have changed something to the driver. Shouldn't be a big deal, while fanatec says that they always supply you with the latest software and updates. ;-)
Last edited by SPeedY on 08 Dec 2012, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

The only advice I can give you for now is setting the wheel angle in one of the profiles stored in the wheel. You can switch between profiles quiet easily that way (one SEN->off, one SEN-270)

Once we release the version that doesn't reset SEN to 900 you'll be able to use both the plugin and the fanatec driver again.

SPeedY

Post by SPeedY »

Sounds great, I am looking forward for your Next release. :-)