Not working with Assetto Corsa 1.3

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

We're working on a new version which should have fixed this. I've mailed a few people to help us test.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Assetto Corsa and Other Sim Issue

OK, too long without my Fanatec and SimInstrumentsDash not working properly with FANALEDS....

Here is some information that might help:
On Assetto Corsa V1.4 and 1.3: Rev lights on BMW wheel and SiminstrumentsDash WORK ONLY when you race AI car fields of different manufactures! That is... If you practice in a single car or race AI of all same make - the Lights do not work... however if you include other manufactures cars in the field (like a field of different GT cars) all is fine!!! This is an AC issue for sure because the telemetry being sent is clearly different in single car make vs multiple car fields...

That said, my DashMeterPro app rev lights on my android tablet works properly all the time regardless of any AC car mix!

Next FANALEDS works on iRacing, RaceRoom, and ProjCars BUT it DOES NOT WORK like it used to before Fanatec Driver Updates... That is: Rev Light modes no longer have an effect... Night Mode, or Outside to Center modes no longer work... just basic "left to right" lights work.
I know you are busy but it sure would be nice to have one more working update :-)

mixmatt

Post by mixmatt »

I cannot get the rev leds to work for Assetto Corsa either. I am using the CSW v2 (w/ latest firmware updates) with the v3 pedals and the F1 Formula Carbon / BMW M1 wheels.

I have seen them work a couple times and it seems like when I first drive a car on a track it will work once. After that the next time I load in it appears to be broken. Additionally, I have been able to get them to work if I create a custom profile of sorts but I suck at setting the right values and using '0' doesn't seem to work.

I appreciate all the work the Fanaleds devs do thank you for all your work! If there is anything you need to better help diagnose the issue I am willing to help.

Asimov

Post by Asimov »

I think that devs are now busy and cannot dedicate much time to fanaleds (as themself wrote in some threads), so we all have to wait I'm afraid: currently, at least with latest fanatec drivers, support for AC e GSC (and hence Automobilista) is broken and they are just the two titles I'm running with :cry:

Lantern Rouge

Post by Lantern Rouge »

One way I found to get the rev leds to work is to save a car specific profile under advanced/car settings. You have to load it every time (just like everything on the CSWv2 currently) and need to know the rpm ranges to set, but at least the lights work. I actually prefer it being customized, but I race in a league with the same two cars every week. If you jump around to different cars it may be more of a hassle...