Assetto Corsa shiftlight not working in Fanaled 2.4e

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

Hello,

No more shiftlight with Assetto Corsa + CSW V2 with this version 2.4e :? :cry: (Was working fine with V2.4c and didnt test with 2.4d)

To be sharp : "Flash indicator on upshift" is activated

Any idea :idea: :?:
Last edited by Bose321 on 03 Oct 2016, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Better title

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Is the game still properly recognized? Are you using the 32bit or 64bit version of the game?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Solved, thank you!!!!!! :D

Same here, no more shift lights on BMW Rim or on Siminstruments Dash. I'm using 64-bit verson 1.8.1 of Assetto Corsa.
Fanaleds boots first but does not recognize game, so I pause game and change "default" to Assetto Corsa.
Last edited by BARMotorsport on 17 Nov 2016, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Solved, thank you!!!!!! :D Assetto Corsa fixed it!!!

BARMotorsport wrote:Same here, no more shift lights on BMW Rim or on Siminstruments Dash. I'm using 64-bit verson 1.8.1 of Assetto Corsa.
Fanaleds boots first but does not recognize game, so I pause game and change "default" to Assetto Corsa.

Actually the problem is hit and miss no matter what level of Fanaled I use. I get shift lights to work maybe 1 out of 30 tries. I believe the REAL PROBLEM might exist with Assetto Corsa! This never happened before they made a major upgrade a year ago... Check your own logs, I and others pointed it out back then.
... Only question I have for Fanaleds is why do my A/C shift-lights always work on DashMeterPro software... is that a different data stream?

Thanks for your help and efforts!!!
Last edited by BARMotorsport on 17 Nov 2016, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

tifosi79

Post by tifosi79 »

Yep. Fanaleds not working at all with Assetto Corsa and my Bodnar SLI-F1. Works Perfect with iRacing and Automobilista.

Update: Disregard. I got it working by deleting the fanaleds content in the settings folder.
Last edited by tifosi79 on 27 Oct 2016, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.

DavidMk7

Post by DavidMk7 »

I run Fanaleds with the GEAR display and with the indicators flashing on upshifts. Normally, on my first drive in AC, everything works fine; the LEDs function and the shift indicators flash. However, if I exit the track and start a new session, even with the same car, track and session type, I lose the LEDs and the shift indicator flashes continuously, though the gear indicator works correctly. In fact, the shift indicators start flashing before I even hit the track, so I know at this point the fault has occurred. Sometimes I can exit this session and start a new one and everything functions correctly again, but usually the fault continues on any following sessions. Occasionally the fault occurs with the first session, but usually, the first run is fault free, it is only subsequent sessions that are affected.

I deleted the contents of the settings folder this morning and ran with Fanaleds on its default settings (i.e. with SPEADGEAR instead of GEAR on the main display). This didn’t solve the problem, but I did discover that when the fault occurs, the speed readout also disappears, with just the gear displaying. I’ve now gone back to my previous setting, but turned the shift indicators off for AC, which at least means that I can continue to use Fanaleds without having the shift indicators flashing all the time.

I’m running Windows 7 and AC in 64 bit mode. I’m using Fanaleds 2.4e, but this problem has existed with a number of versions.

BTW, I’m curious to know how Fanaleds calculates its shift points, because it seems to me that these tend to be a fraction too soon in all the games I play.

TOCA2FREAK

Post by TOCA2FREAK »

I also have this same issue. Again it is hit or miss for me. Maybe about 10% of the time it works but then 90% it doesn't. :|

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Please both check in with testing with complete default config:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=440

(re)move all of your settings files

DavidMk7

Post by DavidMk7 »

I’ve run in clean configuration already Dirk and the problem is still present.

The diagnostic test lights each LED in turn and FANALEDS scrolls across the display. I get no rumble, but then I have this turned off on the wheel.

I’m using a CSW V1, with CSS SQ & Formula wheel and the program displays the wheel as ‘ClubSport Formula’.

FANALEDS correctly shows ‘Idle’ when no game is running and ‘Running’ when Assetto Corsa is loaded, whether the LEDs are working correctly or not at the time. I haven’t noticed it showing ‘Waiting’, but I may just not have looked at the right moment.

The LEDs work fine in other games.

I haven’t been able to run in Verbose mode, as, once I add the ‘debug=”4”’ line to the global.xml, the program refuses to load, Windows showing a ‘FANALEDS has stopped working’ error message each time I try.