AC 1.12 - only speed gear

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Lantern Rouge

Post by Lantern Rouge »

With the latest release of Assetto Corsa only speed gear will display in the universal hub window. I have tried every variation of settings I can think of in the hardware settings with no change on the display.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Does it have something to do with the simple native support that AC has since the new version? I've read other users talk about that. Does it work when Fanaleds is shut down? Maybe you can shut that down if that's it.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Lantern Rouge

Post by Lantern Rouge »

I tried it with Fanaleds off and it was the same - shows speedgear, the only difference being the shift light flashing based on the car's own file rather than what I have set for it. The new version of AC has a fanaleds.ini file in the system/cfg folder that I just discovered. These are the contents:
[SETTINGS]
ENABLED=1
BLINK_MAX_TIME=0.1
MESSAGE_MAX_TIME=1.0
GEAR_MAX_TIME=1.0
SHOW_NEXT_GEAR=0

I haven't had time to test any of the settings yet.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Would Enabled=0 fix the problem?

I wonder why the AC devs call the file that way and not inform users about it, or even make this in the first place. :?

Lantern Rouge

Post by Lantern Rouge »

I thought about trying enabled set to 0 or trying gear_max_time at something like 999. Unfortunately I am not going to have time to test it until next week.

For the record, there was something in the 1.12 changelog about FanaLEDs now being supported, but it looks to me like by 'support' they mean only in speedgear mode with a couple of in-game adjustments available. It actually worked just fine for me before...

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Does this help? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=573&start=80#p3769

Lantern Rouge

Re: AC 1.12 - only speed gear

Post by Lantern Rouge »

Setting enabled to 0 fixed it.

Any chance you guys could look at why I have to reset what displays in the gear window each time I connect the wheel? With the V2 base and either the M3 wheel or Universal Hub it never saves what I have it set to, which is gear only in the middle column and flash for shift. It always defaults back to 'none' for the first column and 'speedgear' for the second. It makes no difference if I save my settings as the default or Assetto Corsa profile and has been like that for the last few software and firmware versions