Fanaleds 2.4g+ occasional hangs on Win10 64bit

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
gazz

Fanaleds 2.4g+ occasional hangs on Win10 64bit

Post by gazz »

Since the 2.4g update Fanaleds keep hanging for a few seconds randomly. I have noticed that the app itself becomes Non Responsive as I can't even use the UI. Downgrading to 2.4e solves the issue, but unfortunately it does not work with R3E.

Here is the video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZSLloc9Bo

Really annoying and since SimSli went away - I have no other options. You guys should start charging for it! Would be happy to pay ~$10 if it came with full support.
Attachments
lastlog.txt
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Sapper211

Re: Fanaleds 2.4g+ occasional hangs on Win10 64bit

Post by Sapper211 »

Just installed 2.4 on a new Fanatec wheel and pedal setup. Same issue. UI constantly shows that it is losing connection to the BMW wheel showing no wheel detected, then the wheel comes back and goes away again. In addition, while trying to access the UI, it displays that it is "not responding" and it is unusable much of the time.

any help appreciated.

Scuderia

Post by Scuderia »

I can confirm fella's. I'm also having the same issue. I've been using the latest 2.4K about a week after it was released. Had absolutely no issues until 2 days ago. Fanaleds "Not Responding" after its been running for a couple of minutes? Then it will start Responding for a minute or two, then stop Responding. It just keeps doing this the whole time its on. Ran a full length GP last night and it kept doing that the whole race. I'm running Bodners SLI-F1 on a custom F1 replica wheel. In game (codes F1 2013) rev leds continue to work and some other external leds also continue to work. What stops responding/starts responding/stops... is the global brightness switch and the LCD display screen with three leds to the left and the right of the display screen. All other functions on the wheel seem to be working fine. I'm also on Win10 64bit. I did have a Windows update(now that I think about it) roughly the same time this issue started?? Looking forward to finding The Fix! Have never had this issue before? Dirk/Gerben - what do you guys thinking?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

That's weird. I'm on W10 x64 with the latest update but haven't had issues yet. I'll ask dirk if he can think of it.

Does an older version still work? Can you check in task manager if Fanaleds uses alot of memory or cpu?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Scuderia

Post by Scuderia »

This is weird! Haven't had a chance to test anything since my last post. Last week when Fanaleds "stop responding" I had that issue for 2 days in a row. Last thing I had done before shutting down was changed a couple of my Profiles. Turned on tonight and everything is working perfect. Switched back to my original Profiles, and still working Perfect! I'll let you know if that issue returns, and take a look Gerben at some of the suggestions you made.

Sapper211

Post by Sapper211 »

Mine had been holding steady (no issues) the last few days, too.

gazz

Post by gazz »

I am also using Leo Bodnar's SLI-M(And a fanatec csw v1 with bmw gt rim), maybe that is the issue. As I mentioned 2.4e works flawlessly. Any update after that is broken for me.

I would be down to run some test build with extra logging built in to help troubleshoot it.

ruiviterbo

Post by ruiviterbo »

It happens to me on W10 64 bit too, using SLI-M .

Does anyone find a solution that could share ?

Orozco

Post by Orozco »

I'm having the same issue on W7 64Bits.

I Have a Fanatec Wheel converted to SLI Using Bodnar conversion pcb.

I had the problem about 2 months ago, it just disapeared after 2 days.

Now it begins again. For 2 days now i can open the software but after i log to iR the program freezes and does not work anymore. SOmetimes it actually will run but very slowly and "not responding" all the time.

Something must be wrong.

I'll try downloading to 2.4e as described above.

Thanks

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

We will try to look into it.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.