[1.5] Speedgear problems !!! [In progress]

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
SimRacer92

[1.5] Speedgear problems !!! [In progress]

Post by SimRacer92 »

Hi!
Your "baby" seems to have a lot of problems with this release version.. in 1.4 the SpeedGear worked fine, now with 1.5 in iRacing ONLY Gear indicator is working, nothing else and in rFactor 2 the gears are no more shown when I up-shift with speedgear enabled.
In Assetto it works fine so what exactly did you changed here? SpeedGear is a must have in iRacing and it doesnt matter whichcar I choose it will not work anymore :(
Btw, when FanaLEDs starts I also get a message "Unable to read from global config" in the left corner...
Last edited by DirkT on 13 Mar 2013, 15:17, edited 3 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: [1.5] Speedgear problems !!!

Post by Bose321 »

Those are some interesting problems. Did you fully remove the beta version (if you had any installed) before installing this?

What you can try is to remove Fanaleds via Windows and then manually remove all files in:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\FanaLEDs

If you have any settings for games, you should backup them if you want to keep them.

I'll have a go at testing these games and let Dirk know.
Last edited by Bose321 on 23 Feb 2013, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

SimRacer92

Post by SimRacer92 »

Bose321 wrote:Those are some interesting problems. Did you fully remove the beta version (if you had any installed) before installing this?

What you can try is to remove Fanaleds via Windows and then manually remove all files in:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\FanaLEDs

If you have any settings for games, you should backup them if you want to keep them.

I'll have a go at testing these games and let Dirk know.
Ok I manually removedb FanaLEDs now and deleted all files as you said.
Then I downloaded 1.5 again and installed new, but still only Gear is available in iRacing and Speedgear has bugs in games because the gear is no more shown after an up-shift as it was shown in previous versions.

And I still get message "Unable to read from global config."

So, went then back to 1.4 and iRacing is fine (all modes are working and can be choosen with the learned button) and also Speedgear works properly so it must be a bug in 1.5 for sure... :(
Last edited by SimRacer92 on 23 Feb 2013, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

SimRacer92

Post by SimRacer92 »

ah and as I wrote in another bug thread sometimes the rev LEDs are not working (doesnt matter which game, I reported it in R3E and now I experienced the same issue with Assetto Corsa, after a FanaLEDs restart the rev LEDs are working again..)

SimRacer92

Post by SimRacer92 »

Just tried R3e and first time I tried it only gear worked, then I restarted the game and speedgear works BUT look at the following video.. The up-shift blinkers are freaky and "fight" with the speed indicator... no such prob with 1.4.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sbwa327vsif7ad7

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks a lot for all the testing, we really appreciate that. When Dirk gets back he will have a look.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Thanks for the extensive tests and explenation. I've tracked down all bugs notified in this thread, so it should all be fixed in the next release 1.5a.

Hope to release it soon!

It has been released, the rumble issue should also be fixed when exiting AC.
Last edited by DirkT on 24 Feb 2013, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

SimRacer92

Post by SimRacer92 »

DirkT wrote:Thanks for the extensive tests and explenation. I've tracked down all bugs notified in this thread, so it should all be fixed in the next release 1.5a.

Hope to release it soon!
ah that's good to read :)
Hope it is not too hard to fix everything^^

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks again for all the reports mate!

We have just tested everything and it should be fixed now. Please download 1.5.a :)

SimRacer92

Post by SimRacer92 »

Bose321 wrote:Thanks again for all the reports mate!

We have just tested everything and it should be fixed now. Please download 1.5.a :)
woa that was fast.. :o
Thank you for immediate fixing all the problems, I will test tomorrow.. Too late to go on track again now. :D