Great App - Was hard to find

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
SteveR

Great App - Was hard to find

Post by SteveR »

I thought my wheel was broken because the lights stopped working in iRacing, after countless searches and re-installs of the firmware for the problem I found this app, and now everything is fine.

I wish Fanatec would have had this site posted on there support page, it would have saved me a lot of problems.

I love the application, works great, Thank you!

Steve

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Great App - Was hard to find

Post by Bose321 »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind words.

We would love if Fanatec would give us some recognition by putting a link somewhere...

We are trying to spread the word on our own in the best way we can though.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if you contact Fanatec about this, and maybe other people to as well.

Picked up contact with Fanatec again.
Last edited by Bose321 on 04 Sep 2012, 12:38, edited 2 times in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Good idea, I will let others know...

I would like to add that I had some trouble installing the app, after downloading the program my Norton antivirus kept saying it didn't like .exe files, and kept deleting the file before I could install it. I scanned the file but no virus, but still it deleted because it was a .exe file.

I had to download it, and quickly re-name it before Norton could delete it (couldn't run the re-named file either), then I zipped it using win-zip, then i uploaded to my ftp host, when I re-downloaded my zip file and extracted the .exe only then would Norton say it was OK to use.

You might consider providing a zipped version for the download... Just my opinion, but I am OK now, just thinking of others that may have the same problem.

Thanks again,
Steve

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Hi Steve,

We do get that problem occasionally. My only advice is to switch over to a AV that has less false positives. I'm not sure if putting the .exe in an archived file will solve the problem for other people, depends on how 'aggressive' the AV is I guess.

The way Fanaleds is working to communicate with the update server and the hardware is what causes some AV's to panic, but this is nothing to be afraid of.

Now let's hope Fanatec realises the interest in Fanaleds, they can't possibly have missed it. :roll:
Last edited by Bose321 on 30 Aug 2012, 00:26, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typo
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

GTFREAK

Post by GTFREAK »

I don't believe they've missed anything. In fact, I'm sure that some of them are probably wondering "Hey, how come we didn't think of that!?!?".

I'll try and spread the word as well in case others don't know about it.