CSP Vibration

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
CoNa

CSP Vibration

Post by CoNa »

I have some slight issues to get the vibration in the brakepedal to work as I expect it to.

The problem that I feel is that it vibrates on "lift off" of the brake as weel as well as when I start to lock.
I have tried to moderate the break threashold , currently running at 95%.

Actually, it vibrates more on liftoff than when I brake.
This might of course be that it's looser at that point then during breaking, thus being able to vibrate better.

I used Stephan Turpins mod before, and it gave a more progressive break vibration and did not have this "lift off vibration"
Any ideas would be welcome.

I can only compare this with iRacing as I did not have it available on other sims before, but yes the same seems to happens on rF2 and GSC but as the vibrations are less in these sims it's not that obvious.

Is it possible to set the amount of vibration that should be felt? or is it the sim that sets that?
iRacing give much stronger, sharper vibrations than rF2 and GSC.
Last edited by CoNa on 07 Sep 2012, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSP Vibration

Post by DirkT »

Rumble is a bit of a difficult subject.

The reason why rumble is still on when you lift off is probably because there is a minimum time of about 250ms the motor rumbles. We made this so because a rumble of for instance 10ms is almost impossible to feel. We could look into stopping rumble on lesser brakeforce, but then again, if the force is still too much, the rumble still should be on.

For reference, I've set my threshold to 92 for iRacing. I race mainly the Mustang and Corvette and those seem to feel pretty good. Though I have to agree that mainly in lower gears (I noticed second gear especially) the rumble does seem to keep active longer than you would expect. Perhaps we need to approach the whole rumble detection different as it might not be as linear as I'd expect.

As for rumble intensity, at the moment there is no difference in force driven to the rumble motor whatsoever. So only rumble timelength can differ from game to game. All games push 100% rumble force to the pedals through our plugin.

Another note I might add, rumble for iRacing is based on Speed and RPM, not the most reliable, but it works pretty decent once you've gotten the threshold setting to something comfortable. rFactor and GSC have wheel independent speeds available, and are prone to be more accurate when detecting lockup.

CoNa

Re: CSP Vibration

Post by CoNa »

Ah, OK that makes sense.
Will lower the threshold and give it a go.

I found that on GSC I can actuall break, without locking, but when downshifting, usually to second or so
it will start to vibrate and even if I just lift off slight it will vibrate quite long afterwards.

Might it be that it feels the engine breaking locking one rearwheel slightly?

The Fanaleds work like a sharm otherwise.
Makes the CSW+CSP even better.