cannot save game specific settings

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
XTR4LOG

cannot save game specific settings

Post by XTR4LOG »

I used SLIMax Manager before but there are some issues with this software so I’ll will give Fanaleds a try now.
all tested features and functions work perfectly but I cannot save my game specific profiles.

My Hardware: Fanatec CSR Elite + CSP V2
SLI Pro with two 12 Position switches (LeoBodnar)

How I set up my devices:
I choose rFactor as a "game specific profile" and open Hardware -> SLI Pro panel
I open „Learn switches“ (left + right) and assign my switches correctly so that I can assign 2 x 12 functions to each switch and a few additional LED Features to the marshall LEDs of the SLI Pro.
I close the SLI - Settings control panel and finally I hit the „save settings to active profile“ button and start my simulation (rFactor).

Everything works perfectly to the moment I close Fanaleds and restart another time.

When Fanaleds has been restarted, all settings are on default again. Even when I choose my „saved“ game profiles, all the settings that I had before are gone and I have to start to set up once more from the beginning. This is very annoying and I’m sure that there must be some mistakes I made. But I have no idea, what I’m doing wrong. I tried to start Fanaleds as Administrator, but this didn’t show any effect. Do I have to start the simulation BEFORE I set up Fanaleds Settings?

I noticed that everything I assign to switches or LEDs is caught in global.xml and rfactor.xml.
But when I start Fanaleds, the game profiles are default again.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: cannot save game specific settings

Post by DirkT »

There is a difference between game settings and global settings for Fanaleds, and yes, this isn't communicated clearly enough...

Anyway, Fanaleds can store global settings for each and every device, these are the settings you set with the Hardware->Your device option.

The game settings are, for instance the car profiles, with different names and different rpm values for each game. You have to hit "Save settings to active profile" for the game you are playing, or selecting the game from the dropdown list in order to make those changes permanent. If you do that, once Fanaleds closes and restores and you fire up one of the games, it will load those settings as soon as the game has been recognized.