SRW-S1 shown as "SRWheel Bootloader"

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
Kasvain

SRW-S1 shown as "SRWheel Bootloader"

Post by Kasvain »

Hi,
Is anyone else having or had this "SRWheel Bootloader" issue with Steelseries SRW-S1?
My issue began this way:
Unboxed a brand new SRW-S1 I got today, plugged it in, leds flashed and driver installed correctly. Installed Fanaleds 2.2h, found out that there is a tab called "Hardware" thats shows my device as the first one (numbered 0) and shows the name of the controller, SRW-S1 or something like that. Everything looked good, controlled was detected etc. Downloaded the LFS profile by some user here, set up Insim and Outgauge correctly. After that I started the game, binded the buttons and axises (I've also done this before with couple of wheels so no hassle) and everything was OK. Started up a race on Blackwood, everything worked fine. Next move I did bricked the wheel itself. The game was on and the car was on the track. Before driving I had to set the steering wheel cord better and I unplugged the USB plug from computer, plugged that back in and waited for the detect. Waited for 2 minutes, nothing happened. Alt+Tabbed to Windows side, found out that Windows had installed the wheel as a new device called "SRWheel Bootloader" (Consist of a two device called USB Input Device and HID-Compliant Device). Fanaleds does not show up anything on the Hardware tab I mentioned earlier, the button gets hovered but no menu appears, also I see no settings for Revled that was there earlier. Restoring any settings or manually uninstalling any USB driver, Steelseries driver, Fanaleds program does not make the controller show up as SRW-S1 like it worked for couple of minutes. Also plugging the device to another computer makes it also show up as "SRWheel Bootloader"-called device that gives no info about joystick or controller device.
Anyone else having this same issue and if, did anyone send it back for RMA?
Did anyone got the problem solved by some trick or repair by self?
Any suggestions why the controller bricked itself by disconnecting it when running a game? I see the problem might be with the firmware or something similar, but shame there is no any firmware tools or similar available by Steelseries...looks like this is a software issue.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: SRW-S1 shown as "SRWheel Bootloader"

Post by DirkT »

RMA your wheel, your firmware is broken and needs to be fixed.