First time using Fanleds, but some problems....

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
Peterhope

First time using Fanleds, but some problems....

Post by Peterhope »

Firstly, I would just like to say thanks to the people who created Fanleds. Fantastic idea.
I have just today downloaded this to use on my Porsche GT2 wheel. Straight away I could see how awesome the gear and rpm led indications were.
I did realize after a while however that the wheel seemed to vibrate at random times, and the road feel felt, well, a little off. Using the wheel without Fanleds I can feel every little bump in the road through my wheel, but when Fanleds is enabled the feel of the road bumps don't feel as refined/subtle, and almost fake (as in I'm not feeling the bumps when im supposed to in game)

I'm using stock 115 firmware on my GT2, and this is all happening in iRacing. I have fanatec and G27 LEDs turned off in game, so that they do not interfere, and I have tried turning off the vibrations in the fanaleds settings, but I still get these problems.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that the wheel can sometimes constantly vibrate when I exit the pits.

Just wondering if anyone has had these problems who can help?
It seems a shame if I can't figure it out because I LOVE how the gear indicator etc work (but unfortunately the force feedback and vibrations are hindering them)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Best regards,

Peter Hope. :)
Last edited by Peterhope on 30 Nov 2014, 22:29, edited 2 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: First time using Fanleds, but some problems....

Post by Bose321 »

It has been a while since I've heard this, but I believe this was due to the old firmware. Could you try to update the firmware and drivers and see if that fixes it?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Peterhope

Post by Peterhope »

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly :)

I forgot to mention, when testing, I did have the pedals plugged into the wheel and not through usb (due to previously testing my pedals on console) could that be part of the problem, the pedals not being plugged directly to usb?

The gas pedal on my clubsport v2's has been slightly spiking lately, so they have been boxed up tonight in order to be returned to fanatec, who are sending me new pedals this week. So I will be unable to do further testing until Thursday or friday, but I will definitely test the pedals by usb only to see if that makes a difference when I recieve the new set of pedals.

I could try updating the firmware (although I had a bad experience once updating a CSR wheel) So I'll ask fanatecs permission to do so first (as it's a relatively new wheel, and I don't want to void warranty)

Do you know of which firmware works best for Fanaleds for the GT2?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

It shouldn't matter if the pedals are connected via the wheel. Although, the pedals are more precise via USB.

I believe updating the firmware does not void the warranty. I have no idea which firmware works best, since I never used that wheel, but I assume that the latest works best.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Peterhope

Post by Peterhope »

Okay, that's good news. Had a little look around and looks like a need a firmware from 150 upward. Gonna try this out in the next couple of weeks. I appreciate your help, thanks.
I'll let you know how I get on :-)