Fanatec V3 pedals and Logitech G25 Wheel Project Cars

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
haydnbuzz

Post by haydnbuzz »

Hi there,

I've just received my new Fanatec V3 pedals and they look like they'll provide years of use. I am however having problems with the brake rumble in Project Cars. In order to set up the pedals I have edited the assignments and then kept my controller setup the same and calibrated the pedals. My configuration is currently "Logitech G25 - Separate pedals". However when going out on track no rumble is present. I then read about FanaLed's and the software, I have since installed. After installing version 2.3h and heading out on track only the accelerator rumble works with specific settings of Rumble effects set to Brake Pedal, Brake Wheel and Gear upshift with Engine remaining unchecked. When I seem to uncheck any of these the rumble effects stop all together even when rebooting the game. When the rumble feature is working in Project Cars when I lock the brakes it is the accelerator rumble that's activating rather than the brake.

If anybody can offer any advice or has a similar setup that they have got working successfully I'd be interested to hear how they went about it of it's an issue a future update may address.

My setting are:
Windows 7 64bit
Logitech G25 wheel
V3 Pedals
Configured in game as G25 separate pedals

Many Thanks,
Haydn

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Please check again with latest version

haydnbuzz

Post by haydnbuzz »

The new update is working absolutely perfectly with the brake rumble feature. It's made my enjoyment of these pedals even greater now. I'd always considered it difficult to gauge braking in games as different games behave differently. I'd always found the tyre squeal on the brakes in AC completely unrealistic and behaving as either an on/off warning. I never quite knew if the squeal meant I was getting close to the limit or I had exceeded them. Now with the rumble feature I know. Pcars is absolutely excellent and never had this audible annoyance. With the rumble set to around 50 I can trail brake right on the limit into corners. In hard breaking zones I know when I've gone too far and likewise in the slower stuff with steering lock on I know if I've locked an inside front with only light pressure applied on the pedal. It's working exactly as it should.

Thank you for all your hard work, whilst most consider the rumble feature a gimmick I consider it a revaluation! Maybe more will agree as they discover it's working exactly as it should.