Fanaleds 2.1

You can find the latest Fanaleds version here.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Fanaleds 2.1

Post by Bose321 »

We have released another major version of Fanaleds. In Fanaleds we officially introduce the support of the Siminstruments Dash. Also many bugs have been fixed.

Biggest changes:

- Siminstruments Dash support
- Updated rFactor 1 and 2 plugin
- Added version detection for plugins
- Added Delta time for Fanatec hardware
- Fixed fueldots

Download: http://www.fanaleds.com/downloads
Last edited by Bose321 on 28 Nov 2013, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Paul Wickham

Re: Fanaleds 2.1

Post by Paul Wickham »

Hi Guys,

The software keeps reporting I have out of date plugin for rf2, I have added it manually, reinstalled and let the software do it, but it still reports with the plugin out of date message.

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

Also just found rF2 now crashes with Fanaleds installed, this is the report "Failled to create shared memory map" (sic)

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

That's an interesting find Paul. Is it only Fanaleds crashing or does rF2 crash as well?

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

rF2 runs for I guess as long as it takes to load plugins then CTD's

Also oddly even after removing the plugin it is still reporting plugin out of date??? I wonder if it picking it up from my other build somehow...nope just removed the plugin from there too. Damn odd :?

Oh Fanaleds never seems to crash, the sim runs with the plugin removed but I still get the plugin out of date message
Last edited by Paul Wickham on 20 Dec 2013, 17:25, edited 2 times in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

It looks like if you've got some (shared) memory stuck, is your PC being hibernated everyday or do you reboot often?

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

Never hibernate...But I have not rebooted today since the reinstall, the software has always just run without issues other than documented bugs through the build sequence, but that sounds a likely explanation for the odd behaviour right enough, so I will reboot the system, put the plugins back and all being well we will be back to normal :)

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

I'm asking because the error you're getting might get the plugin in a wierd state which causes it to crash afterwards (which in turn takes down rF2 with it)

I'm busy with a fix for it so it no longer can happen, but I'm still curious as to why it fails to create it on your PC. I think a reboot should fix that error at least, but there are still a few bugs in the version of your rfactor plugin(s) now.