RaceRoom Racing Experience API and...

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
BARMotorsport

RaceRoom Racing Experience API and...

Post by BARMotorsport »

Hi guys, thank you for all your efforts and continued support..

RaceRoom has changed their API and said they made a lot more info available and have broken Fanaleds in the process. :roll: Would love to be able to use my fanatec and siminstruments dash again.

Second (and this is a strange on that started when you added Fanatec McLaren support)... if I have my siminstruments dash plugged in with fanaleds running when I boot into Assetto Corsa... anything related to shifting fails to be recognized... you can't shift period... only way to fix this is to boot into AC without DASH plugged in and once inside sim, plug in DASH and everything works fine??? Just wanted you to know that not all was well with G release.

Thanks again guys!

RodentYell

Re: RaceRoom Racing Experience API and...

Post by RodentYell »

Just to add to this the Siminstrument dash just doesn't function in R3E since their latest update big changes in the API, as for Fanatec rims the Porsche leds and display works, but the Mclaren rim which does not have leds the display only shows what fuel is in the car, really hope for a update soon..

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

We hope to implement the new data in our next update.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

RodentYell

Post by RodentYell »

Any idea when that will be bud?

Wutzmann

Crashes in Race Room since last patch

Post by Wutzmann »

When can we expect a new version?

The program crashes shortly after the start in connection with the new patsch of raceroom

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

I sware, I'm not trying to be a smart azz but.
1. I love my Siminstrumenst dash but my god, I always have to pray every time a sim developer changes anything...
2. Fanaled changes are taking longer than than it takes developers to code new sim releases... we will never catch up.
3. Because this is not you "day job" I'm always "SCARED" to ask if we will ever get the next fix.
4. The rare updates we get fix things but never new features... Tones more data is available in the API but never new function is added. (There is almost no data on any sim (that you will allow us to reference) that is worthwhile displaying on the LCD screen anyway. The original software that came with the device offered much more function... I should listen to myself... move-on, move-on. :-(

I know it is a dead product (siminstruments dash), if it is time to give up hope, I will go away, but please let me know and I will not bother you anymore.

RodentYell

Post by RodentYell »

Can't disagree with you bud, I to use the Siminstrument dash as well, and I loved the software that came with it, and it's a shame no one took it on to keep it going..
As for Fanaleds again yes the process is slow to update, I've actually purschased another make of dash to cover my arse now, which is a shame.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Just curious, what hardware device did you decide to go with and what software are you using? My secondary device is a 9" hi-rez tablet with SLIMax running... But I do love having an actual hardware LED SLI device.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Thank you for your quick reply.