Forza Motorsport 7 PC - Could it be done?

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
mrpeters

Forza Motorsport 7 PC - Could it be done?

Post by mrpeters »

With the long awaited arrival of Forza on the PC, is there any chance for Fanaleds support? According to a developer from Turn 10, they are working on implementing functionality for devices enabled with shift lights, spedometers, etc.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... post805296

Is there potentially an opportunity here to get Microsoft to implement shared memory for telemetry or some other plugin for the devices supported by Fanaleds?

I'd be willing to donate a PC key for the developers if they wanted to take a shot at seeing what is possible, and perhaps trying to reach out to Turn 10 now while they're still actively working on the title -- including getting console support for Fanatec LED devices -- out in a future version.

Game has been quite enjoyable, but it's lonely just seeing the clock and the date :)

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Forza Motorsport 7 PC - Could it be done?

Post by Bose321 »

If the developers have something for us to use it's possible for sure! Not sure if there's an easy way to get in contact with them about this?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

mrpeters

Post by mrpeters »

Bose321 wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:58
If the developers have something for us to use it's possible for sure! Not sure if there's an easy way to get in contact with them about this?
Their devs are pretty active on Twitter, as well as the forums at ForzaMotorsport.net and occasionally at reddit.com/r/forza

Probably the best avenues. Float Fanaleds out there demonstrating what it is capable of, how it could enhance the product, and hope that they take an interest. If they want to be taken seriously on the PC, and it seems they DO with this now being the 2nd "full" Forza released for PC they'll listen to their customers.

I'm sure there are other users of products that could make use of Fanaleds playing on PC that would chime in and love to see their Logitech wheels, or Fanatec wheels, for example, come to life with Forza. I think the best approach is trying to drum up demand for them to work with you by exhibiting the capabilities!

Ricardnut

Post by Ricardnut »

I would like to know how it can really be done. Thanks for the answer in advance.

mrpeters

Post by mrpeters »

So, I think it can be done now guys :o :o :o :o

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... tails.aspx

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

mrpeters wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 00:44
So, I think it can be done now guys :o :o :o :o

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... tails.aspx
Wow cool. We'll have a look at that. We don't own the game so we can't test it ourself, but once we get to it, we can let you guys test it.

kidjesus

Post by kidjesus »

So what is the status of this? I'm really excited to try this out in Forza 7!

kidjesus

Post by kidjesus »

Nothing, eh?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

We don't have much time to spend on Fanaleds right now, but we'll let you know once there's news.