GSC 2013 freezes FANALEDS

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
diegomcx

GSC 2013 freezes FANALEDS

Post by diegomcx »

Hello everyone! I'm new to Fanaleds, so help the newbie here :

I'm using the T500rs as a wheel base, and i attached the SRW-S1 wheel to it, but i use the usb cable of the SRW-S1 so i can assign functions/buttons. And also i have the SLI-PRO.

I use the SRW-S1 leds to show the rpm, and i use SLI-PRO to show gear and timing. I mapped the wheel knobs, the center and right knobs, to switch functions of the SLI-PRO(left and right, respectively), and the left knob to adjust SLI-PRO brightness.

PROBLEM: When playing GSC 2013, after a few laps(3 to 5), the SLI-PRO and the SRW-S1 rpm leds freezes. So I alt-tab to FANALEDS software, and after i click any button on the software takes about 10 seconds to work. It's like the FANALEDS freezes. I can close it clicking on exit, but it takes time to do it. Then I can open it again and the problem start after a few laps again.

Any help?

Thanks a lot!

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: GSC 2013 freezes FANALEDS

Post by Bose321 »

Are you using Fanaleds 2.1? Is this something you have noticed in earlier versions? Is the plugin up to date? (use the game setup under the help tab)
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

diegomcx

Post by diegomcx »

Bose321 wrote:Are you using Fanaleds 2.1? Is this something you have noticed in earlier versions? Is the plugin up to date? (use the game setup under the help tab)
Yes, version 2.1

I purchased the SRW-S1 recently, so I started using Fanaleds already with version 2.1 and I already used the plugin method manually and using the automatic mode on the Help tab. No luck! =/

I tried setting to Adminstrator mode, no luck either.

diegomcx

Post by diegomcx »

After a lot of troubleshooting, maybe I found a solution.

I changed the usb port the SLI-PRO was connected to, it was a usb 3.0 and I changed to an USB 2.0. I tested for about 15 minutes and saw no freezing.

I'll keep testing to see if anything happens, I'll post about it here when I'm done.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Sorry for not replying in the meanwhile. Interesting, seems like something is wrong there. I'll have a look if that's something we can work on.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

diegomcx

Post by diegomcx »

No problem Bose! Yeah, i played for about 1 hour or so yesterday and no freezing, so it must be some incompatibility with the USB 3.0 port.

For me it's not a problem to use the USB 2.0 in my pc since i got a bunch of spare available ports here. But it's good to have this troubleshoot for future problems that eventually someone could have ;)

Thanks!