Fanatec GT3 rs V2 weird FFB (bug?)

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
luizsilveira

Re: Fanatec GT3 rs V2 weird FFB (bug?)

Post by luizsilveira »

Thanks for the quick answers.

No, I'm certainly not below the fuel level. But do the dots work only for the fuel? I thought they'd work for all that list over there. For me, it's more important to have the dots working for things such as headlights and such (that the game itself doesn't have).

The [ ] upshift indicator does work if gear is selected. But I'm more concerned with the blinking of the display for the pitlimiter and upshift - which doesn't happen at all.

My ideal setup would be (it probably can't be done but just for feedback): cycle between oil temp and boost map/engine boost) on the "main display". This number (regardless if oil temp or boost map) blinks for upshifts or if pit limiter is engaged. Dot for headlights and maybe something else.
Last edited by luizsilveira on 14 Feb 2014, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

The dots currently are only for fuel indeed. They should blink if you're below the threshold.

Do the [] blink, or just stand there? We would have to discuss if we would let the whole display blink, or just the [] like we have now. I don't think any games have something like a boost map to display in the first place quite frankly.

Assigning the dots separately for the LED functions we have would be an option, but not something you will see anytime soon I guess. In order to make that work properly there has to be changed a lot to the code. Also selecting the dots via the interface right now would be impossible because they're so small and impossible to click on. We will have to think of something if would implement that.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

luizsilveira

Post by luizsilveira »

Ah, ok. Thanks.

The [ ] do blink, but only on upshift. Not on pit limiter. Nothing else blinks, ever.

To be honest, I thought whatever I had on display would blink on pitlimiter and upshift. I don't see why not - at least as an option. On that youtube video you posted for version 0.1, the speed did blink with pitlimiter engaged, and for upshifts. So it doesn't do that any more?

As for the dots, I didn't mean cycling through them but just choosing whatever brings them in. In all honesty I'd really appreciate the headlight, but I don't see why not "either headlight on or fuel low" activating the same dot(s). That's how I thought it'd work. A bit like a dumb warning light you had in older cars, that went on to signal "something" was wrong and then you needed to check what.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

The fact that the [ ] only blink right now is how we designed it right now. There was a point where we changed that everything changed, to only the [ ] because people found it disturbing when they had different values on their screen. We could look for an option that would bring this back though.

I understand what you want for the dots. The only problem is that everyone wants different purposes for them, so there would be a well-though option to assign values to them before we could make that.

I agree your suggestions would be a welcome improvement for the Fanatec wheels. The only problem is that rather big changes like that take a lot of time, and Dirk, who has to program it, also has his own company next to this ' project', so I'm afraid I can't promise you that it can be made (soon). But I'll make sure to write your suggestions down, so we can do them when we can. I hope that's okay with you.

luizsilveira

Post by luizsilveira »

Hey man. Of course, that's cool. Thanks for the awesome support.

I understand the limitations. If anything, I'd say just having the option (a box to tick?) to have the whole display blinking (like in that video) or only the [ ] would be great. What some find distracting is exactly what I was looking for and excited about :P In any case, the [ ] do not blink with pit limiter, only with upshifts.

On a side note, I've been having no brake wheel rumble for the past few sessions. That's the only rumble I have ticked. I have the impression the brake wheel rumble does work if I have either engine or upshift ticked as well, but doesn't if it's by itself. Is it like that? If not I'll test it further and try to pin it.

Cheers!

Edit: I did some testing and confirmed it. I only get brake wheel rumble if gear upshift rumble is also on. Engine rumble makes no difference in this. I'm not very fond of the upshift rumble so far so having solely the brake wheel rumble working would be neat. I don't know if that's intended?
Last edited by luizsilveira on 15 Feb 2014, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

An option for the blinking sounds like a good idea to me. We'll see if we can implement that.

The brake rumble is indeed not meant to work like that. Which pedals do you have? CSP V1 or CSP V2? We have some people that have some brake rumble problems on their CSP V2 pedals. The problem is that we do only have V1 pedals to test with. Are they connected via USB?

luizsilveira

Post by luizsilveira »

Thanks.

I'm not talking about the brake rumble but the wheel rumble. I.e., the wheel vibrates when the tyres lock up. As I understood it that's the "Brake wheel" option, as opposed to the "Brake pedal" option.

My pedals are CSR Elites but I wouldn't think that's related?

The "Brake wheel" (i.e., the wheel vibrating when tyres lock up) does work and is nice, but it only works if "Gear upshift" is also ticked (and working). I've tried with more than one mod. I have the "Brake pedal" option unticked as my pedals don't support vibration...

cblocker

Post by cblocker »

I'm glad I checked this forum, as I had the same weird jerking motion of the wheel in Iracing (seemed more pronounced at Daytona). Anyway, I had the old 681 firmware with the v115 driver. I updated to the new 756 firmware and v177 driver, and everything is working as intended and awesome! I was hesitant about updating the firmware since I heard some bad experiences, but it was really easy if you read all Fanatec's instructions.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I'm glad you found it yourself. Happy racing. ;)