Lockup in RF2

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
kpawson

Lockup in RF2

Post by kpawson »

Hi

First thanks for creating this plugin, it's great and also good with the amount of sims and hardware that it supports.

I'm using it with Rfactor 2 and have an issue with it locking up RF2 and my wheel just pulls very strongly to the left. I have to issue a Control Alt Del and then restart the computer, task manager can't close RF2 or Fanaleds application. I've not seen any other reports of this on the forum or from a Google search other than older posts for RF1.

If I don't run fanaleds plugin I can run RF2 for hours on end with no issues, so it's definitely the Fanaleds plugin.

I'm running a G27 with Clubsport pedals (v1) and everything works fine with the G27 LEDs and also the brake vibration for ABS is working great too, just the lockup/freeze issue.

Any ideas and/or let me know if you need further details.

Thanks
Keith

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Lockup in RF2

Post by Bose321 »

We did get a report of something that might be similar to this of a G27 as well. Could you try to revert back to Fanaleds 2.1 and see if that changes anything?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

kpawson

Post by kpawson »

Bose321 wrote:We did get a report of something that might be similar to this of a G27 as well. Could you try to revert back to Fanaleds 2.1 and see if that changes anything?
Thanks for the quick reply, I've reverted back to 2.1 and same issue, although it does seem to last longer (approx 10min) before lockup.

I uninstalled 2.2 and then manually delete the RF2 plugin dll file, was there anything else I should do for the removal?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

That should do it yeah.

We'll look into this, but unfortunately I cannot promise a solution (quick) because time we don't have a lot of time anymore nowadays.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

kpawson

Post by kpawson »

I've done some more testing and found that I don't have any issues with Fanaleds using iRacing or AC. Ran iRacing for about 2 hours with no issues, so it seems to be with RF2.

Update: It just did it in iRacing :cry: Oh well I might just give up on this for now.

Also tried running slimax and had the same issue with RF2, I'm curious that I seem to be the only person with this issue, however I've tried all sorts of things such as turning off other software and disabling Logitech Profiler and logitech headset etc.

Have also search the RF2 forums and don't see anyone reporting this.

Do you think this is a RF2 bug or is it specific to the plugin and RF2 and Logitech?

Thanks for looking into it anyway.
Last edited by kpawson on 29 Mar 2014, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Can't say anything about this unfortunately, it's a very weird case as Fanaleds doesn't interfere with any FFB code.