CSW/fanaleds + Dirt3 Problems [Can't FIX]

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
purpleperkin

Post by purpleperkin »

I'm getting the same error code!
I am starting to wonder it the hardware config file does not have anything inside itself to create the port,
so I'm thinking that when you use the readme setup instructions,it feels like your only doing half of the job...

and about the fact that it only crashes when you finish the race...
well it only makes sense that it puts out an error once it encounters the issue, so I'm thinking the data is trying to push it all at the end as if it was like sending a replay...

I don't normally do this kind of programming so any computer language is rather awkward for me to describe, but I do a lot of relay ladder logic, so to me it only seems logical that it has a piece missing something that tells it to send data as it collects, not wait till the end.
I put the line on the bottom here, but for some reason delay being set to 1 makes me think it could be the issue...

<motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="30500" delay="1" extradata="3" />

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

It's simply an error from Codemaster that we can't do anything about. I believe it is fixed in their steam version of this game though. So you'll have to switch to that game for it to work I think.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Nope, it isn't fixed in Steam version either.
It was working fine before they decided to patch the game and cut the motion after the finish line, to please D-BOX users. But they didn't thought that they will broke the telemetry output for rest of us.
And they've left it like that ever since.. :evil:

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Yep they did, nothing what we can do about it. Try and find an older version and don't upgrade, that'll keep working.