CSW brake pedal rumble issue

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSW brake pedal rumble issue

Post by DirkT »

Unfortunately no, the SDK we get from fanatec doesn't support this kind of automatic switching beteen rumble modes. But you might never know if that would change in the future.

I do think it is very wierd you don't feel wheel rumble at all, when fire up a game like LFS or iRacing and slam the brakes (with the threshold set to something about 90) everything rumbles (pedal and wheel). I'm therefor more wondering if you are in fact the only one experiencing this issue.

LEW15

Post by LEW15 »

Hi Dirk,
Thanks again man.
Ok, I don't have IRacing or LFS.
I have Simraceway, WRC3, F1 2012, Project Cars, Raceroom Racing Experience, rFactor2, netKAR2. I know some of the games are not supported but I cant get the wheel rumble in any of them when connected via USB.
I can get it via PS2. I have vibration on 100%, ABS on 90. Should I switch these off in the wheel?
I get the vibration when Fanaleds is off and I am connected via PS2 (sometimes not in the pedal which is strange).
Also, when you follow the workaround I posted, I can get the vibration when connected via PS2 so it should be possible to do a software trick to "copy" the workaround? I'm only asking, I am not a programmer, I'm a mech engineer so you can say I am a oaf when it comes to programming. But just using common sense, it seems that if there is a workaround I can follow, you can do the same via software? Maybe I am wrong, sorry.
Anyway, thanks for your continuing support and great software.
Cheers
Tom

etakeo

Post by etakeo »

Hi, I got my CSW (BMW + Formula rims) + CSPV2 set 2 days ago and I'm learning how to use it.

Tested only on rFactor.

Same issue here. Pedals V2 conected with PS2 and pedal rumble stops vibration. Tryied the LEW15 workaround and pedals works, but wheel stops force feedback.

Then I uncheck all Rumble effects on Fanaleds (Brake pedal, Brake wheel, Gear upshift and Engine) and everything working fine. But I guess brake rumble are working based on percent ABS settings on wheel configuration and not on "Real Lock Rumble" feature.

Fanaled 1.5b
Fanatec Drivers 1.44

How can I know CSW fimware version ?

Thanks
Takeo
Core i7 2600K | Koolance CPU-370 | Maximus IV Extreme | 16Gb Vengeance 2000Mhz | GTX 580 | 2xSSD 120Gb OCZ Vertex 3 RAID-0 + 1Tb + 250Gb HDD | SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Corsair AX1200w | HAF 932 | Logitech MK520 | Samsung LED 40" | Fanatec CSW+CSP2

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

When your wheel boots up it displays the firmware I believe.

The brake rumble not working via the PS/2 cable on the CSW base is a known problem for months now for Fanatec. They however don't seem to bother fixing it. I'm afraid this is beyond what we can do.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

delahmed

Post by delahmed »

LEW15 wrote:Thank you captain!
No, for some reason, when my CSP are connected via USB I don't get the wheel rumble when braking (or locking brakes to be precise). And the pedal is not as profound as feeling the wheel if you know what I mean. Especially when racing with shoes, so it would be really a great option to enable the telemetry rumble when connected via PS2.
I understand the issue with F1 2012 and pCars at the moment. Is it possible for such cases that the CSW would take over once the game is not supported by fanaleds and you would get virtual rumble controlled by the wheel? That'd be absolutely perfect. You would never have to switch fanaleds off.
Anyway, I really appreciate your work and interest to improve the software.
Bailing out
Tom
Hey guys, I also have a CSP V2 like LEWI5 (But with CSR Elite).... I opened another thread which is giving similar issues with latest fanaLEDS 1.5e.

http://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116

Now it should not matter what wheel i have as I am plugging the CSP V2 directly into PC via USB. Now before i even load fanaLEDS, if i go to the Fanatec Control Panel for the Pedals and press rumble, the brakes rumble, but if i press the brake with my foot it does not rumble (It would if i connect it to the CSR E via PS2). If i then load fanaLEDS 1.5e, confirm the rumble settings in the fanaLEDS 1.5e Control Panel for pcars, AC 0.99 TP, LFS, and then load the game, it does not rumble when i lock the front tyres in a race. The CSR Elite rumbles, and i like how you can put the engine vibration on too.... nice touch.

I think the issue is with Fanatec 152 Beta win 64 bit drivers. We need to get Bose321 some CSP V2s for testing.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Haha yeah, some new pedals for testing would be great... My V1 CSP's are spiking like mad! I've asked Fanatec about it, but no answer yet.

Anyway... I'll ask Dirk if he can have a look at this (he also doesn't have V2 pedals). Last time I checked it worked fine on V1 pedals, so it might be a problem with V2 pedals which we can't test ourselfs...

But thanks for the help guys. :) Maybe we can make a petition to demand some new pedals for us from Fanatec. :lol:

edit: would this help you? http://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic ... p=621#p619
Last edited by Bose321 on 28 Mar 2013, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

LEW15

Post by LEW15 »

Thank you Bose321 for keeping us in the loop.
It does sound like V2 issue to me.
In regards the petition, I am in but it seems absolutely ridiculous that you guys can't get the new HW from someone like Fanatec. They sent tens of them to different people for reviews why not one to you guys who can actually get something useful out of it?
Keep up the good work
thanks

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Does the workaround from that other post work for you?

Currently my CSP V1 pedals are broken and I'm in contact with Fanatec. I hope I can strike some kind of deal to get V2 pedals... These are unreliable. :(

LEW15

Post by LEW15 »

No, I tried to switch it to different USB port at the back and front of the box but no luck. I can test the rumble in fanatec property dialog box but don't seem to get it in games.
And actually, while talking to you - I can't make Fanaleds work with PCARS. I can see gear as before but can't change it. Is there a trick to enable fanaleds with pcars?
Thanks bose321. I hope you get new pedals soon.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

LEW15 wrote: And actually, while talking to you - I can't make Fanaleds work with PCARS. I can see gear as before but can't change it. Is there a trick to enable fanaleds with pcars?
Thanks bose321. I hope you get new pedals soon.
You made sure to enable the Shared memory inside the pCars game? Its somewhere in the options, can't remember on the top of my head.