crashing fanaleds

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
s-man58

crashing fanaleds

Post by s-man58 »

Hello
The problem i get everytime is when i dont start faanaleds at computerstart and then later on i wanna open fanaleds i get everytime the message that fanaleds is already running despite i didnt start the program is this a bug or something else :?:

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: crashing fanaleds

Post by DirkT »

Check your taskmanager, Fanaleds.exe and Fanahardware.exe shouldn't be running when firing up a new instance.

Is this with the latest version?

s-man58

Post by s-man58 »

Hi Dirk
yes with instal 1.5f the latest , when i get message of error and i open taskmanager then i see in proces Fanaleds hardware en fanaleds....exe.. dont remember correctly the second one
Also this happens: When in morning i start my computer/ when this completed i wanna start fanaleds / i also get message that fanaleds already is running :?

Also see this in fanaleds screen
This is FanaLEDs v1.5f

Autoupdater: Running latest available version.
Unknown fanatec device found (trying to support) I have a CSW
Last edited by s-man58 on 05 Apr 2013, 12:16, edited 3 times in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Ic, have you tried your CSW on another USB port? I've got the same sort of issues when connected to USB 3.0. It should know that you have the CSW connected, so somethings wrong here defenitely, not sure just what :)

s-man58

Post by s-man58 »

Hi Dirk
already switched between USB ports but still the same / on USB 3.0 wheel isnt working atall

Also this happens: When in morning or after a restart / i start my computer/ when this completed i wanna start fanaleds / i also get message that fanaleds already is running :?

Update GFinally its reconizing the wheel
Dirk should this be connected to usb 3.0 ?? if so then i guess my usb port isnt ok

let u know if the problem with startup keeps existing ?

regards Peter
Last edited by s-man58 on 05 Apr 2013, 13:11, edited 2 times in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Wierd indeed, it really shouldn't matter whether it is connected to USB2 or USB3, but somehow it does. Can't really tell why, you'd have to ask Fanatec.

Fanaleds with default install, will autostart with Windows, look at your bottom-right taskbar icons. A nice gray F should be there, that's us! Unless you disabled autostart (see start->startup folder), than it shouldn't be running :)

s-man58

Post by s-man58 »

Hoi Dirk
anyway its reconizing wheel now.
last `thing. i found Fanaleds in startup but i cant see there how to change the auto startup

Peter

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

It's just a shortcut, the simplest way to have a program auto-start with windows. If you want to disable it, just remove the shortcut from the startup folder and you're good to go.

s-man58

Post by s-man58 »

Hi Dirk after deleting fanaleds from startup list the problem was solved only got another problem now (see other post)

regards Peter