CSW rev lights not working in iRacing

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSW rev lights not working in iRacing

Post by Bose321 »

That does make sense indeed... I'll have a talk with Dirk. But from what I know we can't adjust the strength of the rumble.

edit: Do you have V1 or V2 CSP's?

edit2: Dirk told me the rumble effect depends on the pedal position. So the more you press it, the harder it will rumble. Sorry about the confusement, I did not know of this. :oops:
Last edited by Bose321 on 10 Apr 2013, 20:59, edited 2 times in total.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Wonderboy46

Post by Wonderboy46 »

Sorry for the slow reply.

I'm actually using the CSR Elite Pedals.

What you say about the rumble being stronger the harder you press the pedal is true for these pedals too. That definitely happens without the software. However, when I'm using Fanaleds it feels more like an on/off switch, where the rumble starts once I reach the breaking threshold, but doesn't increase when I push past that point.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Wonderboy46 wrote:Sorry for the slow reply.

That definitely happens without the software. However, when I'm using Fanaleds it feels more like an on/off switch,
Hate to burst your bubble but iRacing does not natively drive the Rumble motors in the pedals and wheel, not even when you have Fanatec support checked in the game options. What you can feel in iRacing in your wheel is the actual FFB motor getting stronger while you lock-up your tyres more. If your pedal does rumble, it's not Fanaleds, perhaps you're using MotionCockpitView from stephane? He can also drive the pedal rumble.

I can't really feel the difference in pedal rumble motor myself whilest driving, only the wheel rumble is noticebly stronger (best felt with engine revs rumble really) But it is made this way in Fanaleds though. Most likely the feeling goes away because your wheels won't lock up on 20% brake, but for instance on 70% brake. The difference between 70% rumble and 100% is small, so not really strange you wouldn't be able to spot it without proper measurement tools.

With all that begin said, you might have a good point, the rumble is too strong overall. So I might take a look at some filter before sending a rumble signal, to make sure the best available resolution is used on the rumble motor(s).
Last edited by DirkT on 11 Apr 2013, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

Wonderboy46

Post by Wonderboy46 »

I'm only using Fanaleds, I don't have MotionCockpitView or anything else installed.

If iRacing doesn't use the rumble function that would explain why there isn't as much strength from the ABS feature as in other games, regardless of whether the player is using Fanaleds or not.

The pedal rumble is definitely stronger in F1 2012 and in console titles like GT5 without Fanaleds, but from what you're saying, those games send signals to the wheel differently to iRacing anyway.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Also keep in mind the USB/PS2 difference. If your pedals are connected to PS2, most likely Fanaleds wont do anything with them as PS2 rumble support is still very buggy in the Fanatec SDK.

While using PS2 the pedal rumble comes straight from the wheel setting and is being driven by your actual brake pedal. Whereas while using the USB connection, the value comes from in-game readouts of the pedal angle, e.g. your pedal would also rumble if you define an entirely different control for your brake on another axel or even controller.
Last edited by DirkT on 11 Apr 2013, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wonderboy46

Post by Wonderboy46 »

Ah I see what you mean. I tend to use PS2 connection because I'm using my wheel setup on console as well as PC.

Thanks for the insight into how it all works :)

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

You're in for a treat if you'd connect it to USB on the PC side :D

Wonderboy46

Post by Wonderboy46 »

I might have to give that a try this afternoon :)