CSW displays 'OFF' @ MAX RPMs-iRacing(SOLVED)

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
NoobBlaster

CSW displays 'OFF' @ MAX RPMs-iRacing(SOLVED)

Post by NoobBlaster »

****EDIT*****

I did a little playing around & I found that the problem causing this bizarre flashing was a 3rd party program called 'Motion Cockpit View' made by an iRacing member Stephane Turpin.
I use it just for the CSP pedal vibration as I find the Fanaleds doesn't work as accurately & Fanaleds vibrates the pedal when I'm taking my foot off the brake instead of at lockup?

Anyway I made the following changes to the Motion_Cockpit_View.ini and everything now seems to run normally.

Code: Select all

CPW_LED=0
ShiftIndicatorPct=0
Wheel_vibration_force=0
Wheel_vibration_min_duration=0
Wheel_vibration_force_norm=0
Wheel_vibration_force_yaw=0
Wheel_vibration_yaw_start=10
Wheel_vibration_yaw_max=30
ShiftGear_vibration_min_duration=0
Notice_gear_duration=0
Notice_deltasplit_duration=0
I also changed iRacings APP.ini

Code: Select all

enableWheelDisplayBlink=0 
However, it's setting made no difference so it was definitely 'Motion Cockpit View'.

If only Fanaleds Pedal vibrate worked the same as MCV, I wouldn't need the extra program :D
I wonder what MCV is doing differently compared to Fanaleds to get the pedal vibration working properly?
I find Fanaleds Pedal vibrate is accurate in F1 2012 once I adjust the threshold but in iRacing it doesn't matter what threshold I set it to, the pedal vibrates as I'm lifting my foot off the brake?

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else out in the future.

Thanks Fanaleds team.

--------------
I'm only new to Fanaleds & only had my CSW for two days, so this could be user error?

Anyway, I've set Fanaleds iRacing profile to have the Numeric display as GEAR.
I have only tested the Skip Barber car, but as soon as the REVs/RPMs go up to max the display changes to 'OFF', I change gear & it displays correctly but as soon as the REVs/RPMs go up again it switches to 'OFF'

Is this normal & can it be switched off.
I only want the LEDs to flash.

Using SpeedGear was even worse, when you hit max REVs I got weird flashing characters.

I disabled Flash [ ] indicators & I have latest firmwares & 152 Beta x64 drivers.

Thanks in Advance for any help.
Last edited by NoobBlaster on 17 Apr 2013, 14:46, edited 3 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSW displays 'OFF' @ MAX RPMs-iRacing(bug?)

Post by Bose321 »

Have you turned off the native support from iRacing? : http://fanaleds.com/readme

Sorry I can't help you any further, I'm leaving for a school trip now. I'll ask Dirk to help you in case that does not help.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Fanaleds will never send the OFF on it's own, there is a NA that might come from us, but I'm quiet sure we don't send that one anymore, certainly never OFF.

I'm thinking you might have the same issues as some other users who are telling they are getting random button presses. Would you mind testing without Fanaleds if the issue is being resolved? Also, when OFF is on the screen, are you able to use the right joystick to change something on the display? The only place I know of where OFF is being used is with Fanatec themselves in the wheel's setup menu. E.g. Sen feature or FF feature can be set to OFF.

Don't think there's anything we can do about this really, there's only numbers coming from our application.

NoobBlaster

Post by NoobBlaster »

Bose321 wrote:Have you turned off the native support from iRacing? : http://fanaleds.com/readme
Yes, iRacing Native support disabled.
DirkT wrote:Fanaleds will never send the OFF on it's own, there is a NA that might come from us, but I'm quiet sure we don't send that one anymore, certainly never OFF.

I'm thinking you might have the same issues as some other users who are telling they are getting random button presses. Would you mind testing without Fanaleds if the issue is being resolved? Also, when OFF is on the screen, are you able to use the right joystick to change something on the display? The only place I know of where OFF is being used is with Fanatec themselves in the wheel's setup menu. E.g. Sen feature or FF feature can be set to OFF.

Don't think there's anything we can do about this really, there's only numbers coming from our application.
I did notice in F1 2012 that in the replay menu the FWD button is stuck on but I was not sure if it was Fanaleds or a bug F1 2012 & CSW wheel?

Another thing I noticed was while driving the Advanced Legends Car in iRacing. With 'GEAR' set to diplay, I don't get the 'OFF' text but instead get numbers '-0.00' etc

Should I take pictures or video?

Anyway, I will test the right joystick in iRacing & let you know.
Last edited by NoobBlaster on 17 Apr 2013, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

NoobBlaster

Post by NoobBlaster »

DirkT wrote:Fanaleds will never send the OFF on it's own, there is a NA that might come from us, but I'm quiet sure we don't send that one anymore, certainly never OFF.
Thanks for the help Dirk, I have solved the problem as you can see in my original post.

As for the right Joystick problem, I can't even get iRacing to detect it?

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: CSW displays 'OFF' @ MAX RPMs-iRacing(SOLVED)

Post by DirkT »

No problem, glad you found it! I'm not sure about the right joystick in iRacing, could might as well be a limitation in the game itself. The left joystick does work in iRacing (e.g. for looking around) but you really have to feather the input when learning in the control.