Shifter quits [solved]

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
mrbasher

Re: Shifter quits

Post by mrbasher »

I'm going to post this here in case anyone is having trouble and ends up here while searching :)

This is the newest firmware, all set to go: http://www.basherboards.com/FL2_firmware

If someone is trying to load this and needs any help at all, just shoot me a message using the contact form on my website.

Sorry for any confusion guys.

cmans

Post by cmans »

MrBasher has provided me with updated firmware and all is well and fixed. Everything working fine.

Thanks to all you guys for your time!

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I'm glad everything is resolved now. If this problem occors more often in the future I'll make sure to put it in the FAQ or sticky it here. Thanks for the help mrbasher. ;)
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

mrbasher

Re: Shifter quits [solved]

Post by mrbasher »

No problem at all. :) This firmware will be included on all new orders and I am sending out a notice to everyone that purchased prior. Hopefully that will cover most of the bases.

As near as I could tell, when Fanaleds was trying to enumerate the HID list, the OS was sending some kind of RST packet to the adapter. For whatever reason it was unexpected for the adapter and put it into a blocking condition in which it basically locked up. This had to be taken care of regardless of Fanaleds because something else could have just as easily caused it. All set now! :D

By the way, great work on the program so far. :)

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Excellent find, and you too keep up the good work.

We're using the hidapi lib to enumerate for the G27 and SRW, but indeed all USB adapters will get enumerated because we want to know what kind of hardware is connected. Didn't know it sent an RST though, but again, good to know you were able to solve the mistery.

mrbasher

Post by mrbasher »

I don't think your app is sending the reset and/or suspend. It's the OS. Not sure why it would do it but, at any rate, my adapter needed to be able to handle it no matter what sends it. The same happens on a PC reboot usually so... It needed to be fixed asap. :)

jhoust26

Post by jhoust26 »

I was having this same issue. I finally figured out tonight that it was Fanaleds that was keeping the shifter from working. mrbasher - you may want to put a note on your site telling owners of the FL2 that they need to update the firmware to have compatibility with Fanaleds (or send an email to customers).

So happy to be able to use the shifter as a USB device now instead of straight through the wheel!