Brake vibration not working in GTR2

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
robrace

Brake vibration not working in GTR2

Post by robrace »

Hi
I have a Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedal set with a Clubsport BMW GT2 rim, using the latest version of Fanaleds (v1.5f) and driver (152 beta ). The brake vibration effect works well for games such as rFactor and GT Legends but not with GTR2. The brake threshold is set at 75% in the settings and with GTR2 having virtually the same game engine as GT Legends, it should work.
I am using a advance controller menu for GTR2 so could this perhaps be causing a conflict?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.....

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Brake vibration not working in GTR2

Post by DirkT »

Shouldn't be a problem, though 75% is a bit low, if you set it to 99 or even 100 you should really feel something. If you don't, I'll have a look.

robrace

Post by robrace »

DirkT wrote:Shouldn't be a problem, though 75% is a bit low, if you set it to 99 or even 100 you should really feel something. If you don't, I'll have a look.
Hi DirkT
At 90% or 75% brake threshold, NO vibration is felt on the brake pedal even when exerting a consirable force on it. Could perhaps you see what could be done to enhance this vibration effect.

Thanks.
Last edited by robrace on 17 Apr 2013, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Could be down to the car your driving, what kind of model is it? In GTR2 we don't have the luxury of brake pedal input readout from the game itself. So we try to guess it out of the deceleration value. In most (fast) cars this shouldn't be a problem. But maybe you picked a bit of a slow car? You should really try to slam the brakes (not brake them ofcourse!) If you take the stock M3 in GTR2 for instance, it should rumble away without a problem.