Race07 Dedicated Server

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
jvanstone12

Race07 Dedicated Server

Post by jvanstone12 »

When I play race07 and I have a dedicated server open, the wheel tries to respond to both race07 AND the server simultaneously, so the display and vibration show extra information. Can I disable it from seeing dedicated server somehow?

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Race07 Dedicated Server

Post by DirkT »

If you would not mind, the easiest way is to copy or rename the .exe for your dedicated server. Fanaleds uses executable names for assuming which game is running.

jvanstone12

Post by jvanstone12 »

Thank you I will try that tonight.

jvanstone12

Post by jvanstone12 »

I realized that dedicated server is a Steam game, so I dont think I can simply rename the exe or Steam will not recognize what to do. Is there a way to do this?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

In that case there's not much you can do right now. If it's possible start the game itself first.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

SimBim uses memory mapped files for Telemetry, and they use one unique name to recognize the game.

Can you confirm that when starting the Dedicated server, Fanaleds status says "Running" instead of waiting? If so, the dedicated server creates the exact same memory map, and then it is impossible to create a distinction between the two. Starting the client before the server should solve the issue in that case.

If not, it really shouldn't matter for the purposes of Fanaleds. It detects the exe and then it waits for the Memory Map with the unique filename to become ready. If only the client creates that, all is well and the data you're seeing is from your client-game.
Last edited by DirkT on 11 Jul 2013, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.