Cannot switch from KPH to MPH (Solved)

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Mark Maffet

Cannot switch from KPH to MPH (Solved)

Post by Mark Maffet »

No matter what I try I cannot get it to switch from metric to imperial. I have tried editing the XLM with text editor and all the other suggested things I read here. Tried changing default values in XLM for both the default profile and my Iracing profile but it simply refuses to show anything in Iracing but KPH. I am running windows 7 64 bit home premium (nothing special) and don't get why this is giving me such a hard time.
Last edited by Mark Maffet on 30 Jul 2013, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Cannot switch from KPH to MPH

Post by DirkT »

Try setting it to metric for a change, I somehow got them mixed up with the last build, so metric=imperial and vice-versa.

Sorry for this stupid mistake :D

Mark Maffet

Post by Mark Maffet »

DirkT wrote:Try setting it to metric for a change, I somehow got them mixed up with the last build, so metric=imperial and vice-versa.

Sorry for this stupid mistake :D
This is really weird then because as I said nothing I do lets me save any change from metric to imperial so bottom line is it is always metric in fanaleds. And it is metric in Iracing as well. For instance I am doing 25 mph according to Iracing speed gear box but wheel says its 41. I just tried starting from scratch uninstalling Fanaleds deleting the XLM files and get same results. Oh well lol.

Mark Maffet

Post by Mark Maffet »

A fellow Iracer Anthony Tollis gave me the solution to the problem. You have to edit the XML changing KPH to MPH then not click save profile in Fanaleds again or it will revert back to KPH. So bottom line is change the XML and then leave it alone. Here is link to page with his solution.
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... ge#7280036

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

I see, thanks for pointing it out, this will get fixed!