Shift lights no longer display Fanatec CSR wheel

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Finndog

Shift lights no longer display Fanatec CSR wheel

Post by Finndog »

Hi

I can no longer get flashing shift lights with R Factor 2 and my CSR wheel.

It just shows the gear and no longer flashes with the brackets round it like before.

Ive watched the manual and I've tried playing round with profiles but I can't get anything to change?

Thanks

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Shift lights no longer display Fanatec CSR wheel

Post by Bose321 »

I assume the setting for the indicators is still ticked? You can try to untick it and tick it again.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Finndog

Post by Finndog »

Hi yes I've just tried it with gears ticked and un ticked and it's the same

Thanks

Moreno

Post by Moreno »

I'm having the same problem with my CSR wheel. I thought I was going crazy trying to figure out how to make the thing flash for shift, thank god I found this post to save my sanity. I'm on 2.0c and have a CSR wheel with 756 FW and as it wasn't working with the 144 Driver I updated to the beta 174 driver today but still no luck. I'm only running iRacing.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

I'll look into this, apparently some piece of code fell over with all the changes.

Don't seem to be able to reproduce this, you say you tried it with both ticked? There's only one option in the main GUI for the [] indicators. That option is stored per game profile, so please check if it is still on.
Last edited by DirkT on 08 Nov 2013, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

Finndog

Post by Finndog »

Hi Dirk,

Yes tried with and without ticked.

How do I select the [] indicators in my profile?

Watched the manual but still couldn't figure it out, sorry

Thanks

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

It's in the main screen, not the hardware screen. with the text: "Flash [] indicators on upshift"

This settings is stored per game (for now at least). So make sure you've selected the actual game you want it to work for, from the dropdown below. Then check the box, and hit "Save settings to active profile"

Moreno

Post by Moreno »

Hi Dirk,

I have also tried this both ticked and unticked. I have done it assigning the setting to my iRacing Profile before starting the game and also while the game is running. None of it has made any difference. I have had the problem consistently since upgrading to 2.0. I believe I have run both 2.0b and 2.0c with this issue.

Thanks,

Tom

crashtest

Post by crashtest »

i had this problem too, solved changing upshift value to 200 and saving. It was working with this value, so I tried again to set 150 and saving, now it's working also with 150.

Moreno

Post by Moreno »

crashtest wrote:i had this problem too, solved changing upshift value to 200 and saving. It was working with this value, so I tried again to set 150 and saving, now it's working also with 150.
I tried this and no luck for me. After reading it though I backed up and trashed my Fanaleds folder in AppData and now I can get flashing shift indicators on some modes like Gear and Speedgear, but it still does work on my favourite one GearRevs. It used to work prior to 2.0 so I wouldn't have thought that this is a design decision. I drive a single monitor and with correct FOV I can't see any gauges in most of my iRacing cars so the GearRevs with blinking shift lights has been very important to me as a tool.

Thanks so much for all your work on this brilliant software!

Tom