fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
datanode

fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Post by datanode »

Hi there,

I have been trying 2.0c, since fixing the run issue :-) thanks for that fix. Is there something different with regards to the rumble on the brake pedal AKA the abs. I use this to detect locked wheels to help with feedback.

Works great in 1.6b, but as soon as I use 2.0c there is no rumble what so ever :/ ?
Last edited by datanode on 19 Nov 2013, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Post by Bose321 »

Which pedals do you have?

Does it work in 2.0c with other games?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Ernie DaOage

Post by Ernie DaOage »

Hi there.

I got the same Problem with RF2.

I own a Fanatec Porsche GT3 V2 wheel with the CSR Elite Pedals. I don't get the gear or speedgear indicator to run on the leddisplay nor do i get the vibration when locking the wheels. I also noticed 2 other things which maybe have something to do with it.

1st: If fanaleds is running i can't get into the driver wheel settings. Windows responses always with try to do this with administrator rights, even when i run it as admin.

2nd: In earlier builds my Info said "Pedals: none or ps2 connected". My pedals are directly connected to my wheel and now in 2.0c it just say "none".

I hope this info helps a bit, because iam really missing the wheellock feeling :)

Cheers Ernie

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Rumble through PS2 isn't working with the current versions of the CSW firmware. I'm not sure about the firwmare on GT3 however, that did work sometimes, but almost always very unreliable. If you want to make sure it works, connect the pedals directly to USB.

Anyway, as far as I know the CSR elite pedals don't even have rumble on them now do they?
http://eu.fanatec.com/Pedals/CSR%20Elite%20Pedals%20EU

CSP's do:
http://eu.fanatec.com/Pedals/ClubSport% ... %20V2%20EU

datanode

Post by datanode »

I only have RF2 :/ that is all I use ... So sorry can't be more helpful there.

However, my pedals are CSP v1 ( connected via USB of course ;) )

The wheel should be irrelevant, but it is a Fanatec GT3 Rs V2, but it isn't connected via that anyway, which is one of the great reasons to be using fanaleds :)

datanode

Post by datanode »

I have just upgraded to 2.1, I get rumble on start of fanaleds ... will report if it is fixed :mrgreen:

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Rumble on the start of Fanaleds is a good sign. If that works there should be no problem in-game either. I hope it's working for you now. :)

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

I have found that since 2.whatever it has simply stopped working for me with rF2. I have a gt3rs v2 with clubsport v1 pedals via usb. Since version 2 it changes what it detects the wheel as, now simply calling it porsche wheel, whereas all versions prior to the big 2.0 upgrade reported the wheel as gt3rs. Anyway the plugin never loads, if you run rF2 in windowed mode the status stays at waiting. I have gone back to 1.3a (because thats the only pre version 2 I had!!) Hopefully you guys can get this sorted out. :shock: Oh and hello (1st post) :lol:
Last edited by Murtaya on 30 Nov 2013, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Have you updated your rFactor plugins? This is essential to making it work! The status says running, which would indicate a problem there.

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

Yes I have tried installing separately, all of the 2+ versions, each time deleting and replacing the plugin from the previous install. None of them work for me. Only the pre version 2 copies of fanaleds report the wheel correctly as the GT3 so I think that is where the problem lies rather than the plugin. I checked that the new plugins were not conflicting with any other plugins as well (I use pedal overlay) by removing everything except the fanaleds plugin.
Can I get a link to the last pre version 2 Fanaleds, as I say I'm running 1.3a because I just happened to have downloaded that to my network. I think you should keep links to all previous versions, otherwise I have to turn off auto update just in case! ;)

I don't mean to sound critical though.... actually THANKYOU for doing this program at all :D
Last edited by Murtaya on 30 Nov 2013, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.