fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Post by Bose321 »

It does not matter that the wheel is being reported as a Porsche wheel. It should still work. When you launch Fanaleds, do you see text on the display? Make sure your firmware is up to date.

Also make sure rFactor 2 is up to date. Fanaleds 2.0 is different from 1.3 in how you set it up, so make sure you've configured it correctly.

We are not going to post links to all previous versions. They are still on our server, so you can download them if you change the link in the download page. ;)
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

Hehe I tried to workout what the filename would be and change the link accordingly but gave up after a few tries....
Right the firmware.... I hadn't even considered that, and I am on the latest driver so maybe that's it. I'll try that as obviously I'd rather be running 2.1! I have had the wheel for a couple of years at least, so its probably the firmware... I'll report back. Thanks

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

If you already have it a few years, are you sure it's a V2 wheel? The V1 has slower hardware and is not supported, whereas the V2 is. I believe everything should work fine with firmware versions above 740. If I recall correctly the latest public release is 756. The stock firmware is 681. This version is not supported due to limitations in the Fanatec firmware.
Last edited by Bose321 on 30 Nov 2013, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

Yes it was the latest greatest and most expensive when I got it. The V1 was PC only I believe. Anyway the news is that flashing the firmware made Fanaleds 2.1 now work with rFactor. Thanks.

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

Actually I'd go further, updating the firmware has turned it into a whole new wheel. Much better, more responsive, and I no longer get a rattle as I pull away from the line. Thanks I'd have never have bothered with the firmware if it wasn't for your program. I was dead set on getting the new wheel with both rims, but this has breathed new life into my wheel.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Great to hear! Have fun on the track.

Ernie DaOage

Post by Ernie DaOage »

Hi there again! :)

The new version runs great the only problem which still exists is that i don't get any rumble on the wheel when locking up my brakes. I know i have no rumble on my brake pedal as u mentioned before but i still miss the rumble on the wheel. I also noticed that i get some rumble when acting with the throttle in windows and ingame generally, but still no rumble on the wheel when using the brake pedal. I only checked the brake wheel box at the rumble effects and nothing else in default profile and did the same in the rfactor2 profile. I also updated my firmware and its still the same.

You did really a great job with this plugin and i love it. I hope u can sort out those last "bug" for me so i can enjoy the feeling of locking the brakes again. :)

Thank you guys!

Cheers Ernie

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Does your wheel rumble on Fanaleds start and Diagnostic test (see Help)?

What is the value of your brake slider? under the tickboxes for rumble options.

Ernie DaOage

Post by Ernie DaOage »

Yes startup and diagnostics is fine. Seems it has something todo with alt+tab to get out of the game. if i startup my wheel, fanaleds and the game everything works fine it seems. But if i get back to the desktop to make some changes and switch back into the game. i get the engine rumble enabled even i didn't checked the box and loose the brake rumble again.

My threshhold slider is completly on the right side as i guessed its the highest setting for maximum sensitivity.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Cheers Ernie

datanode

Post by datanode »

So sorry, I forgot to update the plugin ! it is OK for me, no troubles what so ever