fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: fanaleds 2.0c no brake pedal vibration in RF2

Post by Bose321 »

Great to hear there's no actual problem here. Have fun.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

It may be worth noting somewhere, you may have done it already....
If you want fanaleds to automatically search for games and install plugins, you may need to run it as administrator. That is the case with rFactor 2 on windows 7 if you have not changed any UAC settings and you have installed the core in the default location of C:program files. Fanaleds doesn't report any error either, the plugin just doesn't get copied.

Loving the individual vehicle setups, invaluable for games like GSC2013 to set the degrees of rotation.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

There should be somekind of fallback in place to allow UAC file copy when the permissions aren't met. You say you don't get a UAC popup when you run the autodetection from Fanaleds normally (without admin)?
Last edited by DirkT on 16 Dec 2013, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

Murtaya

Post by Murtaya »

No I get no notification of any error or the normal "you need to be administrator to access this folder", it just doesn't copy the plugin. If I run Fanaleds as administrator it all works fine.

Also since the latest version Fanaleds will occasionally crash (just disappear from the taskbar with no error), usually right at the beginning of loading a game, I only have rf2 and GSC2013 but it happens on both. Maybe 1 time in 5, restarting Fanaleds resolves it.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Hmm. I'll look at the administration rights again sometime then.

About the rFactor plugins, they're quite the pain in the *ss. Like you say, it only sometimes crashes, I've been working with some extensive testers that failed to reproduce it on a regular basis, so it's kinda hard to pinpoint.

But we'll get there.