2.2H not working properly with Rfactor 2 (64bit)

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
jonrarit

Re: 2.2H not working properly with Rfactor 2 (64bit)

Post by jonrarit »

Bump...... any other ideas boys?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

We're thinking we have found something. I hope to have some news on that soon.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

MileSeven

Post by MileSeven »

Great - I've had exactly the same problem and for the same length of time. I just did a fresh install of 910 today and it is still there. The on-screen TrackMap plugin has no problems whatsoever with the (missing in Fanaleds 2.2h) feeds, so it does look to me as if we need 2.2i ;)

jonrarit

Post by jonrarit »

any new on sorting this guys?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Could you test if this is still present in Fanaleds 2.3? Make sure to update the plugins as well.

MileSeven

Post by MileSeven »

It doesn't seem to have worked for me. I followed the automatic uninstall/update route, then opened the link to the supplied plugins and copied them over the previous versions in the relevant rf2 folders (although I only run in 64 bit mode).

The console is definitely running on 2.3 and I've swapped a couple of the working data feeds (speed) to different segments just to make sure that the config etc. was being updated.

What surprised me a little was that the date stamp on the plugins wasn't from this year - they are showing as 12/11/2014. I've just deleted them and reinstalled to be certain. Are these time stamps correct?

MileSeven

Post by MileSeven »

Correction! (How embarassing!)

In checking the date stamps on the plug ins, I had to perform a reinstall just now. I then thought it worth trying the 32bit version - and it worked! I then tried the 64bit version and it now seems to work - I've got Position and current Lap Time up and running again at least.

It all points to user-error on my part on the initial upgrade to 2.3 - I'll be interested to hear if JonRar gets it to work straight out of the box - or whether he has to do some manual deletion/reinstalls.

Anyway - thanks for giving this problem some attention - it's great to have all the data back :-)

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Oh that's great! Lets hope the issue is now solved for everyone. Have fun racing this weekend.

MileSeven

Post by MileSeven »

Mmm. Might have spoken too soon :-(

The 32-bit version does seem to be working - and reliably - for me. In 64-bit mode, although I now get non-zero values for lap time, position etc. (using the same segment mapping etc. - I just turn 'force 32-bit mode' on/off in rf2) - the values I get are flaky.

The position indicator sometimes shows P64 (starting at the back of a 15-car grid) and sometimes P15 (multiple restarts of rf2/races). Whichever it decides on, it doesn't update when I pass someone.

The lap time display is similar - it seems to choose a random value (possibly whatever was last showing when I ran it in 32-bit mode) - but not update it.

The speed and revs readouts (revs on right segments - showing leading zeros) are live, accurate and do update just fine.

For what it is worth, I have tested both with and without my other usual 64-bit plug ins (I move them out of the relevant folder rather than just rely on switching them off in-game).

I'll be interested to see what JonRarit finds when he tries it. I'll keep testing to see if I can narrow this down.

jonrarit

Post by jonrarit »

I'm struggling with this too ..all I can get are sector 4 and sector 5 times...even when they are not assigned.

Question for the admin - If the 64bit plugins have just been updated as per the changelog ...... why are they dated November 2014?

jr