Issues with 2.2h

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
John Lennonjohto

Issues with 2.2h

Post by John Lennonjohto »

Hi and first of all, thank you for the nice program you have here. I'm a new user and 2.2h is the first version I've used, and love it... when it works. ;) I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, Fanatec Porsche Turbo S with newest drivers/firmware and play Assetto Corsa. I only wan't to use Fanaleds for the enhanced FFB effects, correct steering angles and for [ x ] gear / upshift indication, but I have a couple of issues that keep re-occurring even after several re-installs and profile deletions:

1. Flashing [] upshift indicators do not work consistently. I've been having this issue since I've had the program(about a week), some days it works and some days it doesn't, for no obvious reason. I read a post in here with authors instructions how to set it up properly(I think it was for the GT3 RS wheel), and I believe I have it set up correctly but would you mind repeating them just in case?

EDIT: To clarify, it shows the gear always, it's just the brackets that don't work.

2. The program won't always start. Windows Task Manager shows that it's running, but it doesn't open to desktop nor show up minimized in the task bar. This happens regardless if "Start minimized" box is checked or not.

EDIT2: Just did another fresh install and this happened straight away on first launch.

-
FFB effects work fine, but these two issues keep haunting me. Any help appreciated to get it working properly because I do love it when it does! Thanks.
Last edited by John Lennonjohto on 03 Jan 2015, 14:43, edited 3 times in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Issues with 2.2h

Post by Bose321 »

Fanaleds is most likely hidden in the task bar. In the right press the little arrow up, and see if Fanaleds is there. It doesn't minimize to the taskbar normally, so that's where it should be.

Is there anything happening on your display in AC with Fanaleds turned off? Maybe there's some native in-game code that interferes with Fanaleds.Could you show me your settings to verify it's set up correctly?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

John Lennonjohto

Bose321 wrote:Fanaleds is most likely hidden in the task bar. In the right press the little arrow up, and see if Fanaleds is there. It doesn't minimize to the taskbar normally, so that's where it should be.

Is there anything happening on your display in AC with Fanaleds turned off? Maybe there's some native in-game code that interferes with Fanaleds.Could you show me your settings to verify it's set up correctly?
Thank you for the response. I am 100% positive that Fanaleds ins't consistently opening up correctly either on desktop, taskbar, or the little box in the right which apprears by pressing the arrow icon you mentioned. As I'm typing this, I have a whopping six "copies" of Fanaleds(just from trying to launch it, not a normal situation) processes running in Task Manager, but the program isn't accessible anywhere as described in the first phrase.

For a moment I thought I had found a workaround by pinning Fanaleds to Taskbar, but it started doing it again after a couple of succesful launches. I have also tried installing it on both of my physical drives(SSD w/ system & regular w/ Steam & games), but it makes no difference.

As for your second question, my wheel leds are working correctly, I can access the wheel settings and all three digits look like they should. Attached you will find all files from my Settings folder.

If I remember correctly the instructions I read somewhere in here, the [ x ] gear/upshift mode should be enabled assigning "Gear(2)" to the leftmost digit, and setting the other two digits to "None). That's how it worked at least, when I first tried it but now I don't seem to get [ ] flashing to work with that, or any other possible settings that would make sense.
Attachments
ac.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

John Lennonjohto

UPDATE: Both issues seem to have been resolved at the moment.

I got around the problem with Fanaleds not starting correctly, by enabling "Open Fanaleds on Windows startup", and flashing brackets issue by assigning "Gear(2)" to the middle digit(sides "None") and adjusting Upshift indicator time from 150 to 200 milliseconds.

Don't know why, but for some reason it now works with a different setting than before. I have tried the middle digit assignment before with 150ms flash time, so maybe that's the key here.

It works now and I won't be touching my settings anymore, but will report back if these problems re-occur.
Last edited by John Lennonjohto on 05 Jan 2015, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

John Lennonjohto

^ Nah, the brackets died again after CCleaning and restarting my computer, and aren't working anymore with the same exact setting that I just confirmed was working in my post above. Any help on this?

Everything else works fine, seems to launch properly now on Win startup, all the FFB stuff works great and the gear is showing as always. It's just the upshift indicator brackets that are killing it. :shock: Just to be sure... what are the correct, intended settings step-by-step which should make this [ x ] feature function on the three-digit Porsche wheel display?
Last edited by John Lennonjohto on 05 Jan 2015, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.

John Lennonjohto

Forget about it, if I'm the only one with these issues. It launches fine now after enabling Win startup.

The brackets still don't work, but the only reason I needed them was because my iOs hud app didn't have upshift indicators. I have moved to another hud app which does, so I don't need it working with Fanaleds anymore.

FFB effects and correct steering locks are great features, so thanks for that anyway. :D