Fanaleds pressing buttons on Fanatec CSW F1 Rim

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
MJ_Speed

Re: Fanaleds pressing buttons on Fanatec CSW F1 Rim

Post by MJ_Speed »

Nothing out of the ordinary happens when I take the rim off. Not quite sure what you are looking for to happen.
Sadly I have no other rim.

Only other equipment I've got connected to computer is the headset, which is USB.

I might be looking at a clean windows re-install :cry:

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Not to be rude to Fanatec, but I'm guessing its a short-circuit inside your RIM somewhere, only triggered by displaying some data on the digits or LEDs. Is it always the same button or is it random? If it's random it might as well be a short-circuit in de wheelbase.

My own BMW rim isn't perfect either, my blue leds come on (lightly) when the red ones go on. Any contacts in your region perhaps with a rim to test it? Most likely Fanatec will blame the problem on us, but the fact of the matter is that there isn't really anything we can do about this. I'd keep my money on a short-circuit.

Got some time to look at this, and it might be caused by Fanaleds after all, still not an excuse for Fanatec sending button presses if it's the case though. I'll look into it and maybe will ask you to test a custom version.
Last edited by DirkT on 20 Mar 2013, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

MJ_Speed

Post by MJ_Speed »

Might be a short circuit but it's strange that the wheel works 100% as soon as I disable Fanaleds.
I'll have to de-install it as it loads with windows startup and when I forget to disable it a race is ruined.

It's a pity as it was great to use Fanaleds.

BTW, it is random buttons....

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Can you test the latest version also? I tweaked the Fanatec output a little bit, it could potentially have something to do with this. Please also test the next version (1.5f) which holds a similar fix.
Last edited by DirkT on 28 Mar 2013, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

MJ_Speed

Post by MJ_Speed »

Tested 1,15f yesterday but still the same problem, but I think I've made a vital discovery.
Yesterday I had issues with my pedals and then the wheel and during the ordeal I re-installed the 1.44 driver for the wheel.
I then tested the fanaleds 1,15f but as I said, still issues.
But then, after un-installing fanaleds my wheel is now still using the RPM bar and the small display. I guess this is through the native drivers as I have verified that fanaleds has been un-installed.
And what do you know, now I still have the pushing of buttons issues as I have when using fanaleds so it seems to be happening when the RPM bar, or display (or both) are active.

So, I guess it's back to knocking on Fanatecs door......

But just to be sure, there is native support for RPM bar and display in Fanatec drivers... for iRacing?
Last edited by MJ_Speed on 06 Apr 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

iRacing has native support yes. Nothing to do with the Fanatec drivers, that's just baked in iRacing. If you're using Fanaleds with iRacing we advice turning off the native support to cancel interference. You can read here how: http://fanaleds.com/readme

I think it's good to have a word with Fanatec, obviously something is wrong with your rim or something...
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

MJ_Speed

Post by MJ_Speed »

Thanks for info, I found the setting in iRacing so I'll disable there and do a few races to test and then I'll get in touch with Fanatec again.
German quality :roll:

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I'm interested in what the cause of it is. Keep us posted if possible. :)
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

s-man58

Post by s-man58 »

Hello i have the same experience. So to eliminate fanaleds i deleted the fanaleds software and surprisingly the problem "suddenly pitlimiter activating still occures so its a fanatec issue imo i have csw and installed 1.52 plus latest firmware and use it in iracing

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Excellent find, glad it is not us :)