Fanaleds pressing buttons on Fanatec CSW F1 Rim

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
s-man58

Re: Fanaleds pressing buttons on Fanatec CSW F1 Rim

Post by s-man58 »

Just discovered that it happens because of the rim (specially) BMW one it looks like loose contacts inside but its actually to much room between axle and rim quickrelease as soon as i connected the rim besides the QR with the srew that Fanatecs delivered with rthe rim and the problem is solved.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

That sounds really sloppy... Is there that much play around the shaft? My F1 rim has ZERO play, but my BMW rim really has a lot. I also have to use the screw to get rid of it. I don't really mind, but it kinda busts the hotswapping idea. :P
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

s-man58

Post by s-man58 »

Yes mine has but like u say the F1 rim fits tighter but thats imo due to the smaller size and because of the size off the BMW rim dont remember formula from tech school but calculate the weight from the middle to outside,

and i just have my rims 5 days.

i dont mind also to fix the screw but like you say it kills the idea
Last edited by s-man58 on 10 Apr 2013, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

SwiftyOne
Beta tester

Post by SwiftyOne »

Just to add, real glad you found the problem s-man58 :) I think the play in the BMW rim is a known issue, I had this play with the BMW rim, that it actually had broken off one of the male pins and had gotten stuck into the main CSW base...I did managed to get both base and BMW rim replaced, but the play is still there, I have to use the fixing screw to stop the play, as you say Bose321, it's stop being a "Quick" release :( ;)
Project CARS...The Worlds Most Beautiful Racing Simulation..For PC, XBone, PS4, and Wii U...Release November 2014
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/